Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Enhanced 2-Stage Trigger

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

Sionics Enhanced 2-Stage Trigger

Sionics listed these during their Labor Day sale and I am looking for some feedback on these before I pull the trigger on one. Pun intended. The price is solid for a NP3 coated trigger and I really like their enhanced triggers. Link: http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...3-carrier.html
    Last edited by drtywk; 09-08-18 at 11:50.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I can lay my healing hands upon one, I'll do a review, but I haven't see or heard of any in the wild.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I guess I missed this on Labor Day or I'd have got it over the Geissele SD-C I picked up just to check it out. The web site says they are currently on sale, does that infer this an intro price with an increase to be expected?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    FYI, their web site says they have 25 in stock now, still on sale.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I wanted to update the thread. I purchased one and it arrived yesterday. I installed it and have been dry firing with it and it is really smooth, with a noticeable wall and break, as well as a very crisp, distinctive reset. It has a wider trigger bow and is very similar to the LaRue MBT with regard to its overall form factor. I can't wait to get to the range with it and see what it does.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I’m surprised they don’t list the stage pull weights. If it’s like 2.5/2.0 I’d try one. But I don’t need another with a light second stage like the enhanced SSA-E.

EDIT: I ordered one anyway since I trust these guys to make quality stuff and the inventory looked to be shrinking fast.
    Last edited by uffdaphil; 09-21-18 at 19:27.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Very interested in reports from those who purchased.

Tough to beat the MBT-2S right now, but this one at least has me curious.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They're on sale for $79.99...any reason to get this, over a Larue MBT?

There's very little info on the web about these triggers. Does anyone have any hands on experience?

Feedback Score
    Actually there is plenty of info. I received mine. It is stamped "1005 tactical." Frankly, I was a bit disappointed that this is not clearly stated in the sionics web site that they are selling the 1005 tactical trigger. To specifically answer your question, IMHO, the 1005 TT is not in the same league as the Larue. If I am mistaken, or these are built to a different standard then I would hope IG will correct me. However, a few of my shooting friends bought these triggers from a different vendor and were disappointed. In shooting their guns, I was not impressed. The first stage seems to stack (hard to explain) and a bit of creep. It seems to measure over 1.5 on the 1st stage and overall runs around 4.75. In my case, I am getting similar results. The reset seems a bit long as well.

I am an incredible fan of sionics, but, again IMHO, I unfortunately can't give this trigger a thumbs up. YMMV.

https://www.at3tactical.com/products...bs-pull-weight

Cheers, Steve
    Last edited by ssc; 02-17-19 at 23:45. Reason: made a boo boo

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I bought one recently but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. No problems with installation. As noted above it's marked "1005 Tactical." Based on dry firing it my initial impressions are that it's Ok. Not stellar, but not terrible either. The first stage is smooth with no stacking and a very definite wall. The second stage though feels a little mushy to me. It seems to have a little drag and the break isn't as clean as I would like it be. I'm comparing it to Geissele SD-E and SD-C triggers that I have in other guns. I went in knowing that I would not get the same level of performance out of this trigger as I do out of triggers that cost two or three times as much so in that regard I guess it's about what it should be. I'm curious to see if the second stage will smooth out any with use.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast