Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Enhanced 2-Stage Trigger

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering it, mostly because I had other items in the cart and was going to order a trigger anyway.

Had no idea it’s another company’s trigger. Seems like PSA and a few others sell it as their own. Got a chance to search for reviews for 1005 and it seems generally mixed, but positive. For reference the nicest trigger I’ve shot is the BCM’s NiB fcg that comes with their LPK. I’ve got an MBT in an orphan lower, and dry firing it feels great.

I figure that if Sionics has it up and says its reliable, it’s worth a shot. Worst case it’ll go on my cheap PSA pistol.

If anyone in NoVa wants to give it twirl, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering it, mostly because I had other items in the cart and was going to order a trigger anyway.

Had no idea it’s another company’s trigger. Seems like PSA and a few others sell it as their own. Got a chance to search for reviews for 1005 and it seems generally mixed, but positive. For reference the nicest trigger I’ve shot is the BCM’s NiB fcg that comes with their LPK. I’ve got an MBT in an orphan lower, and dry firing it feels great.

I figure that if Sionics has it up and says its reliable, it’s worth a shot. Worst case it’ll go on my cheap PSA pistol.

If anyone in NoVa wants to give it twirl, let me know.

Yeah I didn't know this either. I grabbed one. It's okay. It straddles the ground between a QMS and an MBT-2S. I'm surprised at the amount of, not grit, but excess texture that I'm getting at the break. Not really super happy with it. Compared it to an SSA and SSA-E... which is not really fair in the truest sense, but those are what I use. It's not in the same category. More creep, less refinement. Longer reset.

I've shot several MBT's and they're better... an MBT from a good batch can give an SSA a decent run in most aspects of performance and feel... though I wouldn't call them a direct equal to the SSA in an absolute sense, they're really close. This Sionics trigger is not close to an SSA.

I'm a little disappointed, to be honest. It's got overlap with an ALG ECT but it's also better in some areas. This is with about 40 lubed (with grease) dry fire pulls in a spare lower.

Mine will be going up in the EE at a healthy discount in a bit. I'll be grabbing an MBT-2S.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 02-16-19 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe they're all just Schmid Tool's own two-stage trigger.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    These very similiar triggers are lots of places... under a variety of names.... Ruger being the earliest I have seen.
    Stag's look similar as well. Over Cyber-Monday they had them for $49.99. I passed.
    https://www.stagarms.com/nickel-boro...e-trigger-set/

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'll give one of these a try next to a broken in SSA-E and a newer MBT.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    I believe they're all just Schmid Tool's own two-stage trigger.
    They are.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I have to say,
    https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/_p/POF-00858.htm
    I am Shock that these POF triggers are not WAY More Popular around here, IMHO: These are the "BEST Bang for the Buck", Plus it comes with KNS anti rotation pin- thingies.
    Try it, You Will Love it and Thank Me all the way home from the range!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    I am Shock that these POF triggers are not WAY More Popular around here
    Because-
    - It's a crisp single stage which has reduced sear engagement that's unsuitable for a self loading rifle subjected to rough handling
    - It's a cassette trigger that will be difficult to clear if a popped primary gets in it
    - It comes with KNS anti rotation pins
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    BLUF:
    USGI- 4-6/10
    Sionics Enhanced 2-stage- 7.5/10
    LaRue MBT-2S- 8.5/10
    Geissele SSA-E- 9.5/10

I installed the Sionics Enhanced 2-stage trigger, and dry fired it next to a newer USGI, a new MBT-2S, and a used SSA-E. My current feelings are as follows, based solely on my experience of shooting 5k-10k rounds yearly through a variety of weapons without focusing on any weapon system in particular. (Most of my rifles and issued rifles have USGI triggers.)

USGI trigger- 4-6/10. Not a bad deal in the $40 range. Can range from decent to horrible, mostly being ok. Last rifle I was issued was possibly 10 pounds, one before that was probably 7. NP3, PNT, etc obviously nicer than stock gritty version.

Sionics Enhanced 2-stage-7.5/10
    4lbs 8.1oz average. Proper price/value. It actually feels pretty good, but it does feel as advertised, and it isn't advertised as a match trigger. Think of a budget MBT-2S.

LaRue MBT-2S - 8.5/10
    4lbs 1.6oz average. Exceptional price/value. I actually feel it's worth more than they charge. Very close to the SSA-E, but not quite, though it's more than forgivable at its price. Think of a budget Geissele.

SSA-E -9.5/10
    3lbs 9.6oz average. The gold standard in my book. As much of a "you get what you pay for" product as I can quantify. I paid $175 for mine. For most applications, not worth the $100 premium over the MBT, but it's everything I'm looking for in a non-adjustable match trigger for.a precision AR.
    I feel like you really start to pay for the quality of the second stage break once you move into the higher end triggers.

Just my humble $.02

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast