Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Enhanced 2-Stage Trigger

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ll let y’all know if I break mine. I’ll be shooting +500 a month through this particular gun.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ** Deleted Duplicate
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 05-30-19 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ** Edited - Strange issues with my posts disappearing in this thread today

So reading about the NP3 vs NiB (Nickel Boron), essentially the NiB finish that is applied to metal gets its "slickness" from many microscopic high points in the finish that create a low drag coefficient. However as that finish wears the high points down the surface area increases and the drag coefficient increases. This would mean a NiB trigger would actually get stickier and lose "slickness" as it breaks in, and that would continue to deteriorate over time. The opposite of every other normal trigger that gets better over time.

The "hydrogen embrittlement" thing basically is a symptom of the NiB treatment process that allows hydrogen to seep into the metal weakening it and allowing premature cracks and breaks that would otherwise not take place, especially in metal subject to impacts.

On paper the 10-05 2-Stage Trigger that Sionics and others sell looks kind of like a mess for those two reasons, while their "Enhanced Mil-spec Trigger" is Nickel PTFE (NP3) coated and would not have the same issues. I do not know if either of these two issues are measurable or something to worry about, although Robar says so since they are the NP3 people.
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 05-30-19 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    Pretty weird about the posts not showing up. I saw the email notification though.

If it's a cause for concern because this is your go-to, I'd swap it out. Otherwise, periodically check for cracks and chipping on the face of the hammer. I wouldn't think that it would fail catastrophically, but confidence in your weapon is critical, right? On the flip side, you might never see anything wrong with it ever.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Unless I was shooting 10k rounds a year, I wouldn’t be too concerned. If anyone is and wants to trade their 1005 tac/sionics trigger for a BCM PNT let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Unless I was shooting 10k rounds a year, I wouldn’t be too concerned. If anyone is and wants to trade their 1005 tac/sionics trigger for a BCM PNT let me know.

I am. We’ll see.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any SMEs able to weigh in on this? I've seen some posts on Instagram and such making fun of NiB as some kind of sub par way to treat parts.

I trust Sionics that they wouldn't sell junk parts but NiB seems to have a bad rap.

I'm not a high volume shooter, I use my Sionics rifle as more of a ranch rifle but I need to know if this trigger is an issue. I'd hate to swap the trigger because I really like it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mines up to 1900 (edit 8/29: 3470) rounds at this point, for what little thats worth concerning durability. I still like it.

Add: Total pull weight 4.25 lbs via cheap RCBS trigger pull scale.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-29-19 at 11:09. Reason: Add rounds

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice!

I’ve got a few hundred through mine, but probably won’t shoot that lower for a while.

Please keep us updated, good or bad.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I'm not a high volume shooter, I use my Sionics rifle as more of a ranch rifle but I need to know if this trigger is an issue. I'd hate to swap the trigger because I really like it.
    How many rounds do you expect this weapon to see in its lifetime?

My notes on this trigger, 3470 rounds in:
    1) I really like that it resets to the beginning of the second stage. In rapid fire, it handles like a quality single stage. I can shoot as quickly as I can get my sights on target, and a short stroke seems unlikely.
    2) It feels like there is more of a weight bias on the second stage than a G SSA. This makes the wall more defined, which is both good and bad, depending on the situation. Its still a good break, either way.
    3) it ignites military primers reliably.
    RLTW

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast