Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics Enhanced 2-Stage Trigger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Any SMEs able to weigh in on this? I've seen some posts on Instagram and such making fun of NiB as some kind of sub par way to treat parts.

I trust Sionics that they wouldn't sell junk parts but NiB seems to have a bad rap.

I'm not a high volume shooter, I use my Sionics rifle as more of a ranch rifle but I need to know if this trigger is an issue. I'd hate to swap the trigger because I really like it.
    Why not give Sionics a call with your concerns. They have been really helpful when i called in or emailed with questions

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Any SMEs able to weigh in on this? I've seen some posts on Instagram and such making fun of NiB as some kind of sub par way to treat parts.

I trust Sionics that they wouldn't sell junk parts but NiB seems to have a bad rap.

I'm not a high volume shooter, I use my Sionics rifle as more of a ranch rifle but I need to know if this trigger is an issue. I'd hate to swap the trigger because I really like it.
    I’m now at 3670 (edit 07-16-20 6075) live rounds and an unknown amount of dry fire on mine. I’ve ordered another.

There is a bit of a rolling break, which I like; maybe I’m weird. Its not the same as a gritty stacking creep, just a slight bit of smooth travel once you get to the second stage. Either way, I’m still liking this trigger, and its very fast for close-in work. Edit: not as fast as my Wilson “Paul Howe”
    Last edited by 1168; 07-16-20 at 19:11.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I recently got one of these, kind of by accident. I have one GI and two BCM PNT triggers plus several SD-Cs and one SD-E that has seen the most rounds. I really like this thing for the money, the two stage is very good and I am pleasantly surprised. I am however surprised at the NiB thing as well since they have several NP3 components to include a trigger.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mine’s still ticking at almost 6,000 rounds. Shot it yesterday after a 3 month break.

Edit: moved it to a PCC

Edit 9/19/2020: 6,875.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-19-20 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

As I get this PCC more tuned and start tightening up my splits, I find myself short stroking this trigger occasionally. Mostly with the lowest recoil loads. I’ll have to train that out. The trigger itself is still reliable and feels good.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    I believe they're all just Schmid Tool's own two-stage trigger.
    Does this trigger differ from any of the other rebranded Schmid triggers? Do they go through an additional QC process to make purchasing through sionics (5-7 weel lead time) worth it? Or does Schmid hold tight enough tolerances that its a non issue?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

As I get this PCC more tuned and start tightening up my splits, I find myself short stroking this trigger occasionally. Mostly with the lowest recoil loads. I’ll have to train that out. The trigger itself is still reliable and feels good.
    What's your PCC setup? I was thinking you had this trigger in a 5.56 setup.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    What's your PCC setup? I was thinking you had this trigger in a 5.56 setup.
    1st 6,000 were in a 5.56 gun.

I have it in a Colt mag 9mm with 8.5” barrel, Faxon bolt, tungsten bolt insert, Heavy Buffers 9-q buffer, Colt spring. Dead Air Micro Brake.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    8,040. (Edit: 25 May 2021: 9,830) Still going strong. 15 Jan 2021: swapped it into a 12” 9mm with no-name bolt and a 5.5 oz buffer. 25 May: it is now a full-time suppressor host.

Full disclosure: I’ve had some failures to fire recently with ammo from a lot that is known to be bad, that basically gets kept around to induce stoppages. We’ve tried this lot in a half dozen or so guns, and no matter what weapon, about 1 in 5-10 fail to ignite. I think it is very obvious that these failures to fire were caused by bad ammo and not the trigger, but I felt that I should mention it for the sake of transparency. Any other ammo, even super shitty ammo is still getting yeeted with no issues. Most of the ammo fired in my PCC is the cheapest (brass or NAS3) ammo of its weight that I can buy or load.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-02-21 at 10:32.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    10,002. Still going. I’m going to take it apart and inspect tonight.
    RLTW

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast