Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Request for 11.5" SBR Duty Ammo Recommendations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knorth View Post
    LMT CQB MARS 11.5” mid length with LMT Virtual Baffle System Suppressor flush mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HOLY SCHNIKIES! You lucky bastard.

Last I knew, LMT recommended 5.56 for all MRP variants, but I've shot various .223 loads with 0 malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    TAP SBR penetrates like a mother if you’re not very close. Once it loses steam it will not expand. Sage Dynamics has a video of such.

The BH50 and 62 are nice but $$$.

TBBC is very nice. If you’re a dept it shouldn’t be to hard to reach out to a distributor direct to get your supply. AE 62gr will do you for practice.

Speer Gold Dot in 62 & 75 are also worth looking at. American Eagle will also work for practice ammo.
    Which 62gr AE are you referring to M855?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Which 62gr AE are you referring to M855?

Sorry no. American Eagle 62gr FMJ .223.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I should clarify, it has a carbine length gas system and a mid length MLOK hand guard.

I went ahead and ordered the Black Hills 50gr TSX for duty Ammo. I think it will serve us very well. I’ll post some pics of the LMTs when we take delivery of them. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    LMT. Black Hill ammo. I like how you roll, Captain money bags.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We are a very large agency. We use the Speer 62gr Gold Dot for normal patrol rifles, and we use the 75gr Gold Dot for our SPR rifles. The SPR (Special Purpose Rifle) is basically a Recce type rifle where Officets, after taking the class, can run LPV scopes. Anything from a 1-4 to a 1-8. The program is not super large (by design), and is intended to be a DMR type program. We have been incredibly happy with the Speer GD. Both on paper, and in actual use. The 75gr are damn near match accuracy out of many of our rifles. Hits st 600 are rather easy.
    Anyway, back on point, if the round you went with doesn’t perform as expected, really consider the Speer GD. Fantastic rounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I’m sure others are working today also, stay safe.

I wanted to give a quick update on my thread. All the rifles came in and I put all the accessories on yesterday. I have not fired them yet, I plan to zero both irons and Aimpoint at 50 yards next week. A case of the Black Hills 50g TSX Ammo came in as well and looks good. Here is a quick pic of one of them set up. I’ll post another update after zero. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ive used ra556b, 75gr gold dot, and 70gr gmx on deer now, and so far, the 70gr gmx is my preference by a fair margin. I use a 14.5, but i doubt the loss to an 11.5 would alter my preferences here.

This is the entrance and exit on an 8pt i shot yesterday as seen from insixe the ribcage. With every other round Ive used in 5.56, the round seems to run out of steam by the time it gets around to exiting. This produced significant bloodtrail and did a fine job all around.

*pix when i can. Seems its not happening where im at. If youre on 68forums i posted in gen hunting .223 for deer topic.
    Last edited by WS6; 11-22-18 at 11:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I would recommend the 2 FBI loads since,you know they use 11.5" uppers themselves. The one you listed Federal 5.56 62gr TBBC XM556FBIT3 or the Winchester Ranger 5.56mm 64gr BSB RA556B are your best bet.

The 50gr TSX Optimized is also good but expensive, the 62gr TSX is also good but doesnt perform as well as the 50gr TSX thru auto glass.

I do NOT recommend the heavy 75gr Hornady SBR or Gold Dot for SBRs since they'll be going pretty slow out of an 11.5",they will still expand and perform well terminally but you will have a shit trajectory if you plan on shooting at distance.

Gold Dots in general run slow so I dont recommend them for SBR use.
    Completely disagree. The 75gn GD was made for Short barrels. It’s devastating. By the way to anyone wondering. The SP1 62gn SP is the same bullet as fusion 62gn. SP1 is made to be shot from short barrels.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123