Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20” target barrel 5.56 Hbar

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    MSW, I understand it’s difficult when you have no friends that share your passion for accuracy/precision. I have several “blaster disaster” friends as well. I do also shoot with some fantastic shooters as well. My pretty good friend is a top 20 shooter in the NRL (National Rifle League) and shoots Precision Rifles VERY well. That helps me improve and bounce ideas off of him. To me, only accurate rifles are interesting. That’s why I own what I do, and have sold some. Couldn’t ever get a Noveske 6.8SPC II to shoot super well, so down the road it went.

I think you are VERY MUCH on the right track with CLE. Talk to them about your expectations, and I think you’ll be SUPER HAPPY!! Those fellas are the real deal.

Please keep us posted as to what you do, and the results.

Feedback Score
    Budget isn’t as important as quality. I started looking at BCM’s SAM-R 20” but will get a Douglas or Krieger. I am going to pay Compass Lake to do the build.

Feedback Score
    I've had a CLE Douglas too. It was a *very* good barrel (Carbon Steel, I believe 4140). Not as smooth as cut rifled, however. But then not priced like cut rifled either.

Feedback Score
    Thank you Vegas. You are fortunate with your contacts. I’ve learned absolutely how to improve handguns shooting from the guys & girls I shoot with, but hitting the gong is adequate. Clay pigeons sitting on the 100 yard berm against each other is as good as it gets.

Feedback Score
    Kreiger direct is a good option along with CLE. Kreiger will drill the port in a groove and time the extension if that makes a difference. I have a Kreiger direct and built one for my brother with a CLE Bartlein. Both will meet your expectations.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 09-10-18 at 20:10. Reason: Spelling
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123