Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Precision build with a Magpul PRS stock...which grip do you use?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Precision build with a Magpul PRS stock...which grip do you use?

Do you use your regular grip choice or do you have a different preference for a dedicated prone/bench precision rig? I mentioned the PRS because that's what I'm using, but same question would apply to an fixed A1/A2/Magpul/whatever fixed stocked precision rig.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I built my rifle with a PRS and went with a BCM grip.

I shouldn’t have.

Long range precision requires pulling the trigger straight back. I was at Core Shooting Solutions with Ryan Castle and he showed me the light (I am stubborn). Find a grip that allows you to put your thumb on the outside of the grip (the right side of you are right handed)

It immediately did wonders for my shooting.

I am using a custom grip now, but just food for thought.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ergo Tactical Deluxe. Don't get the one with the base plate, unnecessary. Perfect swell, very comfy, allows to shoot thumb over or whatever you prefer. I use this grip on all my rifles

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I shouldn’t have.

Long range precision requires pulling the trigger straight back. I was at Core Shooting Solutions with Ryan Castle and he showed me the light (I am stubborn). Find a grip that allows you to put your thumb on the outside of the grip (the right side of you are right handed)

Thank you, that is just the sort of information I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Ergo Tactical Deluxe. Don't get the one with the base plate, unnecessary. Perfect swell, very comfy, allows to shoot thumb over or whatever you prefer. I use this grip on all my rifles[/IMG]

I was specifically looking at those two grip and wondering about the base plate or not. Thanks for the insight.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Forgive my ignorance but why does thumb outside vs not prevent pulling the trigger straight back?

I shouldn’t have.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Depends on rifle fit and position. A lot of guys wrists are too angled laying prone fir example and feel they can get a better trigger pull with their thumb on opposite side. I do that with more precision shooting as its comfy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That makes more sense, thank you. I have tried both methods on my gas guns with different grips and seem to have no issues when my thumb is in a “standard” position. With the BCM grip i have little wrist angle.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Depends on rifle fit and position. A lot of guys wrists are too angled laying prone fir example and feel they can get a better trigger pull with their thumb on opposite side. I do that with more precision shooting as its comfy

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I shouldn’t have.

I immediately hearkened back to shooting M1 Garands & laying the thumb alongside the stock, instead of letting it crossover the pistolgrip portion of the stock, sometimes resulting in a nose boo-boo. Besides "feeling good", it just always felt like I was pulling the trigger better.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I too use the Ergo grip, but many of us at my high power/precision club much prefer the Luth-AR stock over the PRS.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    I too use the Ergo grip, but many of us at my high power/precision club much prefer the Luth-AR stock over the PRS.
    May I ask why yall prefer the Luth-AR stock? Im in process of building a 20" gun and am looking at both.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast