Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My latest M4'gery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Thanks bigshoe83, I try to use quality stuff. It's my build, so in a way my name is on the final product. If it sucks, it's because I suck.

Yeah, I wanted to build a bomb proof carbine, and I believe I succeeded with that one. I just wish I had access to Parkerizing materials so I could make it look prettier. I still want to send that barrel out to get cut down to 11.5" for an HD pistol build I have in mind, but that will have to wait till next year.
    I just use rustoleum black grill pain on mine. I wipe down with mineral spirts, roll up paper to put through all the holes including barrel rings to keep paint out, hang it up and spray. 2 coats and it’s good. I have been happy with the results, looks fine under a handguard.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe7757 View Post
    I just use rustoleum black grill pain on mine. I wipe down with mineral spirts, roll up paper to put through all the holes including barrel rings to keep paint out, hang it up and spray. 2 coats and it’s good. I have been happy with the results, looks fine under a handguard.
    That's a good idea, I'll have to try it the next time I build something with that barrel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I touched up mine with some cold blue and it looks fine.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I touched up mine with some cold blue and it looks fine.
    I know it's only a cosmetic thing, but the perfectionist in me twitches a little bit every time I see the gas block's semi shiny finish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123