Thread: Something I've been working on: The Bicep Brace.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Something I've been working on: The Bicep Brace.

I've been working on this project for nearly two years now and i think it's time i share a little bit about it publicly online. Please keep in mind, this thing is still a work in progress, not a finished product.

There's a long backstory about this brace and how it came to be today, with the design iterations it went through, ATF nightmare, and patenting etc, but it has been shaped by all these things to turn into something that is very functional and ATF approved.

This brace utilizes a standard carbine buffer tube, and gives a platform that allows the shooter to stabilize their AR pistol without using their shoulder, using their upper arm or bicep region. It folds up into something that is just as thin as a traditional shoulder stock, so you don't have an awkward extension sitting out for your bicep when you don't need it.

In short, it gives you a near-'shoulder fired' experience without using or touching your shoulder.

I put together a short demo video here:

My latest testing of the brace has the muzzle rise mitigated to something that's very close to a traditional shoulder stock, as you can see in the demo video.

This thing took me over a year to get ATF FTB approval alone, two rejections in that time and 10 months spent stuck in chief counsel, supposedly due to the controversial nature of the brace.

Anyways, this is a work in progress and you can tell it's still fairly rough around the edges. All the parts are 3D printed and this is still deep in the prototyping stage, but I plan on letting some folks in gun blogs and the likes test this out. I absolutely want to bring this to market to give all of us another great and legal option to shoot our AR pistols.

If you're an editor of a gun blog and want a prototype sample, or are interested in doing business with me, feel free to send me a PM here.

Open to all thoughts and suggestions, curious to see what you guys think.

Feedback Score
    Awesome product!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    TFB was very generous to write an article on this: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...5-bicep-brace/