Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X slide lock issue

Feedback Score

Angry Glock 19X slide lock issue

Haven't seen a lot searching the internet for it... has anyone heard of issues with the 19X failing to lock open on the last round? And/or stove pipes on just the last round?

Have a 19x with a few hundred rounds through it and really confirmed today it was having this issue. Tried multiple magazines (mix of factory and PMag) and all but like 1 had the problem.

I'm mostly confident it isn't a grip issue... but probably need a second set of eyes on that one.

Could be ammo I suppose? But I'm only having problems on the last round. Feeds and cycles fine otherwise.

What else should I try / be looking at?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Are you Left or right handed?
    Do you shoot other glocks? If so which?
    Does it happen one handed?

Asking to eliminate support hand interference as a cause.

Feedback Score
    Which ammo? How far is it ejecting?

If your a lefty like myself check your thumb, had to adjust my grip slightly years ago because brass would hit my thumb and actually send the brass back into the port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    As far as what ammo, no idea. Probably either magtech or fiocchi. I store my 9mm loose in an ammo can. It appear to be ejecting mostly to 3-4 oclock and the next bench over was littered with my brass

I am a lefty. Was trying to be conscious of my grip but that could still be a factor.

Had a gen 3 glock 19 that I traded in for this one. Have all the same mags and never experienced the issue before. I checked like 8 mags (mix of factory and pmag) and they almost all did it. Some inconsistently.

I didn't think to try it one handed on the range, I can certainly do that though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had a couple of failures to feed on a last round with my 19x but it got fixed by eliminating an offending mag.

The idea of shooting one handed is a solid one but it introduces another variable that may affect functioning. I am told that a regular one sided slide stop from previous generations of Glocks would work just fine. I'd install it and went to shoot that 19x with a regular two handed grip.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by siegrisj View Post
    Haven't seen a lot searching the internet for it... has anyone heard of issues with the 19X failing to lock open on the last round? And/or stove pipes on just the last round?

Have a 19x with a few hundred rounds through it and really confirmed today it was having this issue. Tried multiple magazines (mix of factory and PMag) and all but like 1 had the problem...
    Are you experiencing failures to lock back or stovepipes or both?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by siegrisj View Post

Have a 19x with a few hundred rounds through it and really confirmed today it was having this issue. Tried multiple magazines (mix of factory and PMag) and all but like 1 had the problem.

I'm mostly confident it isn't a grip issue... but probably need a second set of eyes on that one.

Could be ammo I suppose? But I'm only having problems on the last round. Feeds and cycles fine otherwise.

What else should I try / be looking at?

Thanks
    If it's happening on the last round, it is likely going to be mag springs. I have seen out of spec springs on new mags before. If it was occurring randomly throughout your shooting session, It could be other things, but I'm betting it's mag springs.

Keep track of the mags also, and FYI magpul magazines have had problems in the past. I use them from range and haven't had any issues with them, but I know folks who have.

Yes it could still be your grip as well. A little test would be to pull the slide release out completely or throw a 3rd gen release in and run some mags through like that. Yes it won't lock back on the last round, if you take it out, but your grip won't affect it either. That's a sure way to rule out grip.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-09-18 at 16:13.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have had issues with Magpul mags in my Glocks, especially not locking back on empty, to the point that got rid of them. Just FYI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    Are you experiencing failures to lock back or stovepipes or both?
    Occasional stovepipe but only on the last round.

I know this screams magazines... but I have a whole pile of factory/pmag glock 17 mags from when I had a regular glock 19 and never had this issue. So I really don't think it's weak mag springs.

Can you swap out the ambi slide stop with a regular one in those?

Feedback Score
    Upon further experimentation, I'm fairly certain I was riding the slide release. Was messing around with some empty mags and that slide release is SUPER sensitive. Barely touch it and the slide won't lock back. Being left handed, that's never been a concern for me, my thumbs are on the other side anyway.

Going to have to retrain my grip I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast