Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X slide lock issue

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    If it's happening on the last round, it is likely going to be mag springs. I have seen out of spec springs on new mags before.
    TXPO
    What are the specs on the mag springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    For those curious, I did run all of my mags one handed and it locked back each time. So again, not mags.

My only question is are the slide stops normally so sensitive that you can just brush it and cause a failure to lock back?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by siegrisj View Post
    For those curious, I did run all of my mags one handed and it locked back each time. So again, not mags.

My only question is are the slide stops normally so sensitive that you can just brush it and cause a failure to lock back?
    Yes. The slightest amount of contact or even bumping it under recoil can affect operation. David

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Easy test: Try shooting the firearm with just your opposite hand to ascertain if it still happens? I bet it doesn't.
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    I finally got around to taking my 19x (bought it back in the summer) with me to the range today. For any amount of reasons it never came with me until today.

Anyway, I absolutely hate the thing so far.

I was shooting Remington UMC 115 gr. fmj and ran 120 rounds of it through the 19x; I also brought a number of different mags with me along with two of the mags that came with the gun.

I was shooting the 19x along with my gen 3 17. The 17 ran flawless, like it always dose. The 19x, not so much. I did not try the mags that came with the 19x in my 17, but here was my experience with the gun.

1. It failed to lock back on the last round no matter what mag I was using it.
    2. I had multiple failure to feeds across all the mags I used in the gun
    3. I also had a failure to eject towards the end of my session.

have these issues been standard across the board with people the first few times they've run this gun? I'm going to bring it back with me again next weekend with different ammo and mags to see if it runs better than it did today. I want to like this gun, but it might be getting used as a trade in towards something else if next week's range session goes the same as this morning's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    I finally got around to taking my 19x (bought it back in the summer) with me to the range today. For any amount of reasons it never came with me until today.

Anyway, I absolutely hate the thing so far.

I was shooting Remington UMC 115 gr. fmj and ran 120 rounds of it through the 19x; I also brought a number of different mags with me along with two of the mags that came with the gun.

I was shooting the 19x along with my gen 3 17. The 17 ran flawless, like it always dose. The 19x, not so much. I did not try the mags that came with the 19x in my 17, but here was my experience with the gun.

1. It failed to lock back on the last round no matter what mag I was using it.
    2. I had multiple failure to feeds across all the mags I used in the gun
    3. I also had a failure to eject towards the end of my session.

have these issues been standard across the board with people the first few times they've run this gun? I'm going to bring it back with me again next weekend with different ammo and mags to see if it runs better than it did today. I want to like this gun, but it might be getting used as a trade in towards something else if next week's range session goes the same as this morning's.

Actually no, the 19X's have been extremely reliable and trouble free so far from what have I have seen and read.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm...none of my Glocks do that, and I never had one that did.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like its time to contact Glock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    Hmmmm...none of my Glocks do that, and I never had one that did.
    Neither have I until yesterday. It was frustrating to say the least. If it wasn't for the fact that I've run Glocks for some time and I had my 17 with me, I'd blame myself, but the 17 ran like a champ using the same mags (minus the 19x mags) and ammo. Who knows maybe it was user error, maybe the 19x hates my grip on it!?

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Sounds like its time to contact Glock.
    Either that or just offload the thing at my local gun shop. I haven't decided yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Remove any aftermarket parts that are installed and return the gun to factory condition.
    Clean and lubricate your gun and magazines per user manual.
    Use the mags that came with your gun.
    Use high quality ammunition.
    Take a video of you shooting your gun. Focus on your hands, both sides of the gun.
    Have a trained, practiced shooter run your gun. Report results, esp differences from your results.

It's a bitter pill, but it's almost always the shooter.

I haven't updated this in awhile, but FYI: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ooting-Results

Another ~20 G19Xs are doing as well, as are the G45s trickling in.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast