Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dumb Question: Browning Buckmark vs Ruger Mk4 22/45

Feedback Score
    I own and have used a Browning Buckmark a lot.

I’ve had a very positive experience, but I’d probably go with the Ruger MK IV. I found the way the slide opens when shooting does burn the hands and put carbon on you if shoot a lot.

Also, from what I’ve seen at least the Ruger is quieter as a host because it opens the port to the side versus an open bolt to both sides. Which with the increased back pressure from a suppressor will only intensify the carbon / occasional burns, etc.

I’d go with a threaded barrel for the Ruger just in case you ever decide to suppress it you don’t have to go through an FFL to get a threaded barrel (Ruger used to serialize the barrel which made buying an aftermarket barrel even more of a hassle).

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have owned both and sold the Ruger. If you want a project gun that you can add tons of aftermarket parts to, go the Ruger route. If you want a solid shooter out of the box the Buck Mark is exceptional. I have the 4" threaded barrel Buck Mark and have to have at least 100k suppressed rounds through it. It has been phenomenal from a reliability standpoint. Having owned both the Buck Mark was more reliable over the Ruger. IMO I attribute this to the Buck Mark magazines.

I agree with grizzman above that generally if the gun is going to be used to help new scooters you are going to want a heavier gun. Easier to shoot and allowes them to lean trigger press without as much movement in the gun.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thanks to all for the input. After going back and forth a few times on features, I decided to try this one:
    https://www.browning.com/products/fi...sor-ready.html

There were three features I wanted out of the box for sure, with a fourth feature that i kept coming back to.
    1.Threaded barrel
    2.Fiber optic front sight
    3.Rail for RDS
    4.Solid barrel

I really wanted to like the Ruger more, but the model I was interested always had holes in the barrel shroud.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Thanks to all for the input. After going back and forth a few times on features, I decided to try this one:
    https://www.browning.com/products/fi...sor-ready.html

There were three features I wanted out of the box for sure, with a fourth feature that i kept coming back to.
    1.Threaded barrel
    2.Fiber optic front sight
    3.Rail for RDS
    4.Solid barrel

I really wanted to like the Ruger more, but the model I was interested always had holes in the barrel shroud.
    Congrats! Same model I have except without the threaded barrel. If you want to improve the trigger right out of the box, Goggle the term: Buckmark Heggis flip.
    Mine hates Remington Goldens (too gummy) but loves Federal bulk pack load #750 for cheap plinking.
    Last edited by austinN4; 10-17-18 at 04:50.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123