Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumb Question: Browning Buckmark vs Ruger Mk4 22/45

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Buckmarks are supposed to be quieter when suppressed. I have an old Challenger that is pretty quiet with a screw on can but I want an integrally suppressed Buckmark. I had a “old model” 22/45 and it was a good pistol. Fairly accurate but taking it apart was a biotch.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    The Buckmarks are supposed to be quieter when suppressed. I have an old Challenger that is pretty quiet with a screw on can but I want an integrally suppressed Buckmark. I had a “old model” 22/45 and it was a good pistol. Fairly accurate but taking it apart was a biotch.
    Very interesting info. I wonder why it'd be quieter?

Feedback Score
    Something else to consider if you intend to make changes to the pistol.

The Buckmark receiver is the grip frame (as normal). So if you want to exchange barrels it can be done at will, with normal tools. A new barrel can bought simply.

The Ruger receiver is the tubular extension into which the barrel is mounted (like a bolt gun). A new barrel (with receiver) is another serialized part; unless you have a barrel wrench.

Feedback Score
    Kind of depends on what your intentions for the pistol are. I have both, a Buckmark Camper Heavy bull barrel and a MKIII 22/45 Lite.

The Buckmark positives are covered pretty well already, it's a good platform.

The MKIII 22/45 Lite is much faster swinging in target transitions in Steel Challenge and the grip angle and controls being placed just like a 1911 is nice. For your stated uses either will be good.

Feedback Score
    After quite a bit of research I bought the Ruger mark 4 22/45 tactical, and shot it this morning for maybe the fourth or fifth time. Like most 22's it's very choosy about ammo when it comes to accuracy, but it has fed everything flawlessly. My buddy's amazing Smith & Wesson model 41 wasn't reliable with the Fiocchi ammunition we were using, but the Ruger had no difficulty with it at all. From the bench I can put four or five shots of that ammo at 15 yards into an area you could pretty much cover with a nickel.

This model has a light polymer frame which works great with my hands. They have bull barrels with more weight at the muzzle than I'm used to, but I know many people like the additional mass. The mark 4 models are comically easy to field strip and reassemble. If border collies had thumbs it would be no problem to teach them this in about 2 minutes.

I may have just gotten lucky, but one of my nicest surprises about the gun has been how the trigger action feels. No creep and only medium heavy. I read a lot of reviews before I bought this Ruger, and I don't remember any where the conclusion put the Browning and head of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I have an older Buckmark and a MKIII 22/45 and to my ear the 22/45 sounds slightly quieter (less action/port noise). Tons of variables to that though. The Buckmark feels a little better and has a better trigger, the Ruger seems more durable. The MKIV seems to be a nice improvement over the MKIII.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I shoot my AR’s more now, but this is the first gun I bought. It’s what let me know how bad GI triggers are. Eventually, I’ll get a threaded barrel for it, but it’s just fun to shoot. It’s what I taught my wife and sister with. And just cool-looking.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...ray-urx-5.html

Feedback Score
    The Browning will have a much nicer trigger. It’s not even close

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolr View Post
    The Browning will have a much nicer trigger. It’s not even close
    Plus it is easy to improve with the Heggis Flip:
    https://www.google.com/search?source...30.UqeSXazlPUw

I like my Buck Mark (yes, it is 2 words) a lot!
    Last edited by austinN4; 09-21-18 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    I may have just gotten lucky, but one of my nicest surprises about the gun has been how the trigger action feels. No creep and only medium heavy. I read a lot of reviews before I bought this Ruger, and I don't remember any where the conclusion put the Browning and head of it.
    This guy has nice upgrades. The Volq. sear and the TK flat trigger are really nice in my opinion. Mine is a MK III but it transformed the trigger action.
    https://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger-MKIV-2245_c_204.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast