Thread: In the market for a pump 'social' shotgun. FABARMS Pro or ???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In the market for a pump 'social' shotgun. FABARMS Pro or ???

First, no more Remington 870's as I have two tax stamp models already and a couple beaters. I also have a Ted Yost/Gunsite Remington 1187 and a Benelli autoloader.

I am unconvinced I want or need a bullpup shotgun (IWI TS-12? or similar) as I don't want a 10# shotgun and want something I can actually hold on 'target' if need be (hate heavy forends and mag tubes). A 5 round tube is enough but, 7 or so is better as long as it doesn't get too 'nose' heavy and remains 'balanced'.

Ideally, street pricing will be in the ~$1,000 to ~$1,200 range, though less is certainly better. I don't want to skimp on quality and durability (including no malfunctions if used as a club or baseball bat, much less being dropped on concrete for example). Compliance parts for 922r, if required, for a folding stock is important. Lastly, after shoulder surgery, I need to be realistic about recoil impacts on my shoulder. A Benelli Super Nova for example is a non-starter (I have one of those currently). A good folding stock option is a 'desire-ment'.

The Fabarms Pro seems like a solid choice. The muzzle break could be 'welded' to keep overall length down and while a folding stock won't be a factory option, 992r parts should get around that issue.

What other options am I missing? What are your thoughts on the Fabarms Pro model?

TIA,
    Sid

Feedback Score
    I have three shotguns and I think that's to many.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I have three shotguns and I think that's to many.
    Could be for some. We have a farm outside of my 'home' state so, traveling with shotguns isn't practical most of the time, hence my 'beater' discount store Remington 870 'express' shotguns. I also don't want to manuever a 26"/28" barreled shotgun indoors or deal with taking it into a hotel room discretely when traveling.

A pump shotgun travels easier for me through questionable "PC" law enforcement jurisdictions as well as when I travel back East in general. An 18" side folding stock shotgun will 'pack' into the same space or less than an NFA Remington 870 too.

Selling the Nova plus the cost of 18" 870 barrel will get me most, or at least half, of the way financially to a new pump shotgun.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That thing looks pretty badass, but it would be hard for me to justify buying another pump shotgun.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That thing looks pretty badass, but it would be hard for me to justify buying another pump shotgun.
    Yes, it really calls to me via the error'net. Wish I could see one first hand before committing. With the high-pressure proof testing, it sure seems ready for some harsh use! Might have to throw the Remington 870 Express in with the Benelli Nova sale and get one. Still a bit spendy but, one good pump for two that don't work so well for me and my shoulder seems like a reasonable trade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    Could be for some. We have a farm outside of my 'home' state so, traveling with shotguns isn't practical most of the time, hence my 'beater' discount store Remington 870 'express' shotguns. I also don't want to manuever a 26"/28" barreled shotgun indoors or deal with taking it into a hotel room discretely when traveling.

A pump shotgun travels easier for me through questionable "PC" law enforcement jurisdictions as well as when I travel back East in general. An 18" side folding stock shotgun will 'pack' into the same space or less than an NFA Remington 870 too.

Selling the Nova plus the cost of 18" 870 barrel will get me most, or at least half, of the way financially to a new pump shotgun.

So each of my shotguns is outfitted with a tactical barrel and has a spare 21" or 26" barrel for game. The tactical barrels are smooth bore for running Brenneke slugs or buckshot which can also be used for deer hunting.