Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Research: Looking for Documented cases of a Speed Reload saving a good guy.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Most of this will never make it to the news. I have a friend that survived a gunfight with a .45ACP Commander. He suffered a stove pipe and cleared it weak hand only because he'd been gut shot and shot through his right elbow with a .44mag. He managed to return fire and mortally wound the shooter until slide lock. His wife arrived on scene while he was attempting a reload and took the revolver away from the other guy, so my friend gave up trying. Very little of this info made it to the official report which I have read. The news certainly didn't mention his ability to carry on weakside only. Every time I take a class I think of my buddy and take my one handed training very seriously.

I hope you find what you seek, but I'm not sure if the info is out there.
    If you don't want to post the info you can PM me. I'll need date/time/location/police dept so I can get a redacted report or interview.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    If you don't want to post the info you can PM me. I'll need date/time/location/police dept so I can get a redacted report or interview.
    I just edited my post because re-reading your OP I felt it didn't fit. It happened in 1986, so quite a while ago. If you're still interested I can get the info to you.

** added on edit May of 1987, I think around the 18th, Alaska State Troopers
    Last edited by AKDoug; 09-11-18 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I just edited my post because re-reading your OP I felt it didn't fit. It happened in 1986, so quite a while ago. If you're still interested I can get the info to you.

** added on edit May of 1987.
    It doesn't fit per se, but I am interested to see if I can get any sort of info on it.

If anyone has any cases like this that you can actually give me exact info on please post here or PM me, I can try to get the reports through LE channels.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Hey Brother,
    You need to contact Ken Hackathorn. He has studied this kind of stuff for decades. He also knew Jim Cirillo. If you don't have his information, I can contact him and get you guys connected. PM or text me.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Maybe reach out to that Active Self Protection guy on YouTube. That guy has probably seen more shooting videos than anyone here. And probably has the story behind them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We've had a few at work but I know you aren't looking for LE gunfights.

I can remember one years back where two bad guys were in a shootout. According to witnesses, during the gunfight, one of the guys stripped a mag and put one in the gun to clear a malfunction. Whether it was a new mag or the original, I don't know. That guy won that gunfight. The "victim" survived.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Hey Brother,
    You need to contact Ken Hackathorn. He has studied this kind of stuff for decades. He also knew Jim Cirillo. If you don't have his information, I can contact him and get you guys connected. PM or text me.
    Send me his info if you don't mind, email would probably be best.

Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Maybe reach out to that Active Self Protection guy on YouTube. That guy has probably seen more shooting videos than anyone here. And probably has the story behind them.
    I went through a bunch of their stuff, maybe I'll send them an email. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    We've had a few at work but I know you aren't looking for LE gunfights.

I can remember one years back where two bad guys were in a shootout. According to witnesses, during the gunfight, one of the guys stripped a mag and put one in the gun to clear a malfunction. Whether it was a new mag or the original, I don't know. That guy won that gunfight. The "victim" survived.
    In the article I'm researching I will explain why bad guy shoots and LEO shoots do not count in this. It has a lot to do mostly with intent and training.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sent a few emails out. No one responded so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12