Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer x-carry 5000 round basic review.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Sig Sauer x-carry 5000 round basic review.

(In no way is this a knock against apex as i have several of their products that work great. I also have been in contact several times over this issue.)
    My sig sauer x-carry has been a workhorse so far. The grip is great and in factory configuration i have had zero malfunctions. At 10 yards i can knock the center out of a target with the romeo 1. It seems to be most accurate with aguila 124gr. Unfortunately my favorite upgrade the apex tactical forward set trigger bar and flat faced trigger appear to be a dud. The first issue started with every other magazine it would not cock the striker at least once. They had me remove the over travel sleeve and spring which made it worse. It started ftf every 8 rounds or so. I reinstalled the factory components and after 250 rounds I've had zero malfunctions. At $120 this was a serious disappointment and i cannot reccomend this product. The romeo ones battery only lasted 2 weeks out of the box but after a battery change it has gone 3 months of edc. The streamlightinc tlr-7 have been flawless and sits flush with the bore. I am in no way an expert but i am a competition shooter and carry for work and would reccomend the xcarry.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice report. Love my X-Carry, haven't shot it a lot. Installed the Romeo-1 6MOA on mine and plan on shooting it in Carry Optics division. Also have that TLR-7 light, but have it currently on my CZ Scorpion.
    Did you find a holster for the X-Carry+TLR-7?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by extremist View Post
    Very nice report. Love my X-Carry, haven't shot it a lot. Installed the Romeo-1 6MOA on mine and plan on shooting it in Carry Optics division. Also have that TLR-7 light, but have it currently on my CZ Scorpion.
    Did you find a holster for the X-Carry+TLR-7?
    Yes i did! Tr_holsters on ebay for about $50

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The X-Carry is one of my most accurate guns out of the box. I too had an issue with the Apex trigger bar and promptly returned it back to Brownells.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    The X-Carry is one of my most accurate guns out of the box. I too had an issue with the Apex trigger bar and promptly returned it back to Brownells.
    Was your issue the same?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Was your issue the same?

My Apex trigger bar gave my gun a “dead trigger” so to speak. Pressing on the trigger all the way did nothing. It was hit or miss when it wanted to work.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My Apex trigger bar gave my gun a “dead trigger” so to speak. Pressing on the trigger all the way did nothing. It was hit or miss when it wanted to work.
    Thats an even worse problem

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah so I don’t know what the issue was. Everything was installed according to video instructions. I ended up dropping in a PELT2. All is well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah so I don’t know what the issue was. Everything was installed according to video instructions. I ended up dropping in a PELT2. All is well.
    Excellent. I just looked at them and they look very similar to the factory x seried

Feedback Score
    For years I was a proponent of the "just get a G19 and be done with it" philosophy. SIG's tacky marketing and repeated recalls had me writing them off. But on a complete impulse buy, I picked up a 320 X-Carry several weeks ago.

I've tried to find something to hate about this gun, but I can't. The trigger, X Ray sights, and grip angle are just about perfect IMO. I ended up buying a second example, which interestingly happened to be consecutively serial numbered to my first pistol. Both were "born" in June 2018 and have run flawlessly through ~2K between them. This includes everything from cheap Magtech/Blazer/Fiocchi ball to Critical Duty, HST, and Federal LE bonded loads.

With my Glocks, I had always accepted the low/left fliers at 25 yds as my own failure as a shooter. I'm just your average LE guy...not some high speed operator with an unlimited ammo/training budget. But out of the box, both of my X-Carry pistols have been consistently delivering fist-sized groups directly at POA 25 yds off hand. Previously I've never been able to achieve that with anything but a tuned 1911. I'm still skeptical of SIG as a company, but I can't argue with the results given by these two pistols.

I've been carrying the X-Carry off duty with the IWB and OWB options offered by TR Holsters on eBay. So far, they've been solid holsters despite the relatively low price. I will admit the gun carries differently from the G19...its thicker and a bit longer in the grip. But I'm still able to easily conceal it without having to go out and buy to out and buy new clothes.

Bottom line: I would be carrying this gun on duty over my issued G17.4 if Safariland offered a holster for it...Dept policy requires a 6280-style SLS holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast