Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig Sauer x-carry 5000 round basic review.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJflyer View Post
    For years I was a proponent of the "just get a G19 and be done with it" philosophy. SIG's tacky marketing and repeated recalls had me writing them off. But on a complete impulse buy, I picked up a 320 X-Carry several weeks ago.

I've tried to find something to hate about this gun, but I can't. The trigger, X Ray sights, and grip angle are just about perfect IMO. I ended up buying a second example, which interestingly happened to be consecutively serial numbered to my first pistol. Both were "born" in June 2018 and have run flawlessly through ~2K between them. This includes everything from cheap Magtech/Blazer/Fiocchi ball to Critical Duty, HST, and Federal LE bonded loads.

With my Glocks, I had always accepted the low/left fliers at 25 yds as my own failure as a shooter. I'm just your average LE guy...not some high speed operator with an unlimited ammo/training budget. But out of the box, both of my X-Carry pistols have been consistently delivering fist-sized groups directly at POA 25 yds off hand. Previously I've never been able to achieve that with anything but a tuned 1911. I'm still skeptical of SIG as a company, but I can't argue with the results given by these two pistols.

I've been carrying the X-Carry off duty with the IWB and OWB options offered by TR Holsters on eBay. So far, they've been solid holsters despite the relatively low price. I will admit the gun carries differently from the G19...its thicker and a bit longer in the grip. But I'm still able to easily conceal it without having to go out and buy to out and buy new clothes.

Bottom line: I would be carrying this gun on duty over my issued G17.4 if Safariland offered a holster for it...Dept policy requires a 6280-style SLS holster.
    I had forgotten the x-ray sights! They are fantastic. Also i was asked how many rounds had i run with the apex kit. 500.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    He also got a bigger brother.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Off topic and maybe you have the answer.. Do the screws that come with the Deltapoint Pro fit on the M17 threaded holes? From what I recall the screws on the DPP are M4x.7x15.8mm and the screws on the Romeo1 are #6-48. I'm guessing both thread pitches are similar because the M17 can fit both optics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Off topic and maybe you have the answer.. Do the screws that come with the Deltapoint Pro fit on the M17 threaded holes? From what I recall the screws on the DPP are M4x.7x15.8mm and the screws on the Romeo1 are #6-48. I'm guessing both thread pitches are similar because the M17 can fit both optics.
    There are posts on SigTalk that discuss this problem. One works, the other doesn't, as the screw holes are too large. Not sure which is which but logic tells my the R! works but the DR doesn't.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    The M17 commemorative only fits the dpp and the soon to be released romeo1t. I believe the standard m17 only fits the romeo 1

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    The M17 commemorative only fits the dpp and the soon to be released romeo1t.
    There is still the issue of the different screw sizes, unless the soon to be released R1T comes out with the same size screws as the DP.
    Last edited by austinN4; 09-14-18 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    There is still the issue of the different screw sizes, unless the soon to be released R1T comes out with the same size screws as the DP.
    The footprint and screw size for the R1T is exactly the same as the DPP

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    The footprint and screw size for the R1T is exactly the same as the DPP
    That is great for new buyers, but not so great for guys that already own the R1 and the M17 commerative.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    That is great for new buyers, but not so great for guys that already own the R1 and the M17 commerative.
    True. Maybe springer will make an adapter like they did for the rmr

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    We are at 7500 rounds. Apex trigger is in but with factory trigger bar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12