View Poll Results: How many rounds are you comfortable with IN your daily, public, non-issued sidearm?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 rounds

21 11.93%
  • 6 rounds

6 3.41%
  • 7-10 rounds

78 44.32%
  • 11-13 rounds

18 10.23%
  • 14-16 rounds

41 23.30%
  • 17+ rounds

12 6.82%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How many rounds are you comfortable with in a carry pistol?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I try to shoot my carry guns on a more or less once or twice per month basis, usually 50-100 rounds in a session. It's not always an exact science. Sometimes it might be not at all one month and three or four times the next month. But on average I'd say one to two times per month. While I find shooting rifle to be enjoyable I actually don't really like shooting pistol, most likely because I'm not as good at it and find it more work than fun. That's also why I tend to cap my sessions at 50-100 rounds. If I start going over that I begin to get kinda burnt out and will sometimes start shooting *worse*.
    Meanwhile I can happily go fire hundreds of rounds through an AR and have a good time.
    As far as dry fire, I don't do that nearly enough, mostly because I find having to manually reset the striker every time annoying. At the current time I don't think anyone makes one of those dry-firing gadgets for the VP9SK.

Feedback Score
    6rds.

I slip an LCP into my pants pocket in the morning and leave it there till bedtime.

I don't imagine ever needing to use a firearm to defend myself. Lacking such imagination... I choose to carry all the time.

Feedback Score
    CZ P01 is what I carry most often, so 14

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I think part of it is rounds in the gun, and rounds on your person. I will sometimes carry a j-frame, but I always carry at least a speed strip of 6 rounds, if not two and maybe a moon-clip of 5 too. But, reloading that thing sucks compared to an auto.
    Sometimes if i'm carrying a 9mm with 15+1 I'll forgo carrying an extra mag, but most of the time I carry at least an extra mag.
    The last couple weeks i've been carrying my 1911 with 8+1 and a 10rd spare mag.
    I just went through a "mobile handgun" class last week and brought a G19 and the 1911. For most of the drills I was perfectly comfortable with the 1911. I may have done a reload while others did not, but I put rounds on targets. The only time I longed for all the ammo in the world was prolonged drills of 45+ rounds. But a drill that required putting 2 rounds on 6 or 7 targets, 1911 was fine.
    There was a guy there with a G29 (subcompact 10mm, 10rd mag) and he was getting stuff done too, but near the end was having a hard time getting rounds on target, I think due to fatigue.

Short story I guess is: how do you envision having to employ a firearm?
    Single threat?
    Multiple threats?
    Through concealment?
    At varying distances?

Tailor your carry to what you think you need to be prepared for.

For some people that's 45+ rounds on them plus an AR pistol in a bag
    For others, it's a Ruger LCP on weekends when they go to church
    It's all what you're comfortable with.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    1911 + Wilson 10 rd. mag

11 rds.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Look into the seraph holster from v development group and their mother of all wedges kit. Amazing combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That seems like a nice product...I like the clips, but I didn't see one for a Glock 19/23

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I carry a a Glock 23 most of the time...haven't gotten around to carrying my P229 or Glock 19 yet..
    For me...the minimum I would go is 10 rounds, but I am more comfortable carrying close to 13 or more rounds and a back up mag.

Feedback Score
    I like 10+, but don't mind carrying a revolver or a 1911. Still, I carry a G19 or G32 almost everyday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I worry about polls like this one where we get asked about capacity of rounds in a gun...might get used for political purposes...

But I still answered..lol

Feedback Score
    All I need is 7+1 in my Shield (sometimes 8+1) or my #2 6+1 in my beloved LCP.

But that being said I don't mind 5 +0 in my 642, but I don't carry it anymore because of it's huge size...
    The Jeep is Family

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910