View Poll Results: How many rounds are you comfortable with IN your daily, public, non-issued sidearm?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 rounds

21 11.93%
  • 6 rounds

6 3.41%
  • 7-10 rounds

78 44.32%
  • 11-13 rounds

18 10.23%
  • 14-16 rounds

41 23.30%
  • 17+ rounds

12 6.82%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rounds are you comfortable with in a carry pistol?

Feedback Score

How many rounds are you comfortable with in a carry pistol?

Doesn't affect me of course, I'm just curious.

For the pistol you choose to wear out in public most often. Not including reloads. Just whats in the gun.

NOT issued weapons for military and LE use. Those folks don't get much choice.

Are you cool with 5 shots from a revolver? 7 in a Glock 43? 11 in a G26?

Feedback Score
    My minimum is a g43 and to myself it’s below what I’m comfortable with.

Day to day edc is a g19 and a spare mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in LE and we don't have issued weapons. We have self-purchase approved ones we can carry. Anyhoo my duty G19 is also my off-duty. I just swap mags from a 15 +5 to the standard cap mag (15rd). I'm fine with that and on occasion carry a G43 when I'm off. I have 7+1 in that.

Feedback Score
    Voted 5. My J-frames are the smallest guns I carry on a regular basis.

Feedback Score
    It depends on where you live and your threat level. I live in a very low crime area and feel more than comfortable carrying a J-Frame or a small carry pistol. However, when I visit my inlaws family outside of Memphis, I carry a service pistol or a compact service pistol.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I carry either a 226 of 229 (18 or 15 in the mags, respectively). I would say I would be comfortable with fewer rounds, but that's just what I have with me almost all of the time, including a spare mag on me. If I felt like that was overly difficult to carry I would be fine with something smaller with fewer rounds, but I would like 10 minimum in the gun I'm carrying in public. I do have a j frame I might throw on if I need to run out to feed the animals, etc.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I carry a Glock 26 more than any handgun I own, but I am going to phase in one of my G19's here very soon for everyday carry. I used to only carry a G19, but was printing most of the time.

For me, I can't get the minimum of 10rds out of my head. Right now my G26 has the Magpul 12-rd mag in it, and I really like that size of magazine for it. I carry a spare 17rd in my truck when at work, and then on my person if I am out and about. So anything above 10 for me. Super casual civilian.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I'm happy with my unobtanium .357 Mag J-frame which gets 60% of the carry duty. The other 40% goes to my 7+1 or 8+1 Shield 9.

I look at it this way. Road trips excluded (local only), I'm not a LEO anymore... If I think about going somewhere that I would want 10+ rounds in something, I must ask WHY I am considering going there in the first place. Most times, I just won't go to that part of town if I can avoid doing so. Then, the Shield 9 becomes the minimum, while the 12+1 P229 in .357 Sig will probably be the first choice.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've tried the subcompact route several times and my brain just can't handle the low round count.. my minimum is 15 in my Glock 19.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My Shield with extended mag gets most of my time. Super hot wardrop limited days get a j frame which I feel a touch undergunned.

My P30 gives me 100% confidence.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast