View Poll Results: How many rounds are you comfortable with IN your daily, public, non-issued sidearm?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 rounds

21 11.93%
  • 6 rounds

6 3.41%
  • 7-10 rounds

78 44.32%
  • 11-13 rounds

18 10.23%
  • 14-16 rounds

41 23.30%
  • 17+ rounds

12 6.82%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rounds are you comfortable with in a carry pistol?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In the extraordinarily unlikely event I would ever need to use a firearm in self defense it would be vastly more unlikely that I would need more than 5 rounds to do it.

Feedback Score
    I carry a G17, more because it's easier for me to shoot it well than smaller guns and I can still conceal it easily, rather than because it holds a lot of ammunition. I carry a spare mag, more because I might have a stoppage than I might need 30+ rounds. I'm pretty comfortable with 10 or more rds in the gun.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    In the extraordinarily unlikely event I would ever need to use a firearm in self defense it would be vastly more unlikely that I would need more than 5 rounds to do it.
    Weird shit tends to happen though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I picked 7-10 since I usually carry a Shield. In winter months, I tend to carry a G19.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I just cannot get a G19 to conceal well, and I'm very fit. I carry a G43 with extended magazines, but I secretly do not feel comfortable with the low round capacity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    This^ I'm not in the fugitive apprehension business , I'm in the get myself and loved ones out of Harms way Camp

Feedback Score
    Always carry my G19 with a spare magazine. With an average of 3-4 rounds per target to disable per FBI statistics and you encounter a 3 on one scenario, you will have just enough ammo. And the spare magazine is for the old saying, 2 is 1 and 1 is none. If your primary magazine fails, you better have a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I just cannot get a G19 to conceal well, and I'm very fit. I carry a G43 with extended magazines, but I secretly do not feel comfortable with the low round capacity.
    How are you carrying? I know many skinny/fit people that can conceal a g19 appendix with a raven concealment holster.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GODspeed7 View Post
    How are you carrying? I know many skinny/fit people that can conceal a g19 appendix with a raven concealment holster.

Appendix with a KMFJ holster. I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a T Rex Sidecar.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Appendix with a KMFJ holster. I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a T Rex Sidecar.
    I have no affiliations with Tier 1 Concealment but their Agis is pretty sweet. It's very comfortable for me and I can hide a G19 and spare mag no problems. I'm not fit at all.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast