View Poll Results: How many rounds are you comfortable with IN your daily, public, non-issued sidearm?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 rounds

21 11.93%
  • 6 rounds

6 3.41%
  • 7-10 rounds

78 44.32%
  • 11-13 rounds

18 10.23%
  • 14-16 rounds

41 23.30%
  • 17+ rounds

12 6.82%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: How many rounds are you comfortable with in a carry pistol?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    A day of combatives or force on force would change one’s mind quickly. The gun becomes quite useless quickly.
    I don't know how much research you've done, but my opinion is that most of the time folks are victims of either lack of SA or not following basic safety rules (same thing really).

When your impetus to draw is a gun coming towards you, you are already pretty far behind the power curve, thus my observation: Personally, I don't see my ability to draw and fire two rounds on top of each other in under 1.5, as the likely difference between my survival or demise when carrying concealed. You might also notice that I also wrote: but it is nice to have that option. I think you are giving that up with 'condition 3' carry.

Instinctive movement off the threat axis is your biggest friend when someone turns on you with a gun, as they say, action beats reaction. I spent several years training before I realized that despite what I said, I couldn't prevent officers getting caught with their thumb up their rectum, and began focusing on 'move, damnit, move' in the classes I taught. In that respect instinctive movement short circuits the bad guy's OODA loop and plunks the officer ahead, making the bad guy the reactor.

Also this, A day of combatives or force on force would change one’s mind quickly. The gun becomes quite useless quickly not saying this about you or folks you train with, but most folks really don't know how to conduct quality force-on-force training.

Finally, no where did I endorse 'condition 3' carry.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-08-18 at 15:24. Reason: added 'not' to following basic safety rules since that is what I meant
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score

How many rounds are you comfortable with in a carry pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I don't know how much research you've done, but my opinion is that most of the time folks are victims of either lack of SA or not following basic safety rules (same thing really).

When your impetus to draw is a gun coming towards you, you are already pretty far behind the power curve, thus my observation: Personally, I don't see my ability to draw and fire two rounds on top of each other in under 1.5, as the likely difference between my survival or demise when carrying concealed. You might also notice that I also wrote: but it is nice to have that option. I think you are giving that up with 'condition 3' carry.

Instinctive movement off the threat axis is your biggest friend when someone turns on you with a gun, as they say, action beats reaction. I spent several years training before I realized that despite what I said, I couldn't prevent officers getting caught with their thumb up their rectum, and began focusing on 'move, damnit, move' in the classes I taught. In that respect instinctive movement short circuits the bad guy's OODA loop and plunks the officer ahead, making the bad guy the reactor.

Also this, A day of combatives or force on force would change one’s mind quickly. The gun becomes quite useless quickly not saying this about you or folks you train with, but most folks really don't know how to conduct quality force-on-force training.

Finally, no where did I endorse 'condition 3' carry.

I didn’t say you endorsed condition three, did I? Quit being so damn sensitive!

I think you blew your load here. You just drew on a friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redpillregret; 10-08-18 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, okay, sorry I misinterpreted.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    All good brother.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I voted a while back, but never posted.

5 is my bare minimum. I generally prefer more (G17 or 19 at work), but "5" are always on me.
    Warm weather (I bust out tank tops above 65)? 5.
    Jogging? 5.
    Kids birthday parties/function where waist high little vectors are running all over and bumping into me? 5.
    Traveling in a capacity-restricted state? 5.

I can carry more, and I frequently do. Weather, attire, and activity permitting, I carry the G19. But 5 is the bottom line, not because it's some sort of ideal, but because it can always be on me. I also practice with "5" a lot. Not as much as I should, but more than others. Had a good range session last week in fact, working reloads, reaction hand, and drawing/shooting from my back. My plan in the new year is to get more practice, maybe a class.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    I didn’t say you endorsed condition three, did I? Quit being so damn sensitive!

I think you blew your load here. You just drew on a friendly.

Speaking of being sensitive.... Slow your roll.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Here's a note for our viewers at home. It's rarely a good idea to draw attention to yourself when you've been banned multiple times under previous usernames.

redpillregret, it's really not a good idea to sneak back in with a troll account. We banned you multiple times under multiple names. Just stay banned, tylerw02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Man, now I feel bad. I kind of liked him. I generally like most of the folks I back and forth with.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I feel okay with 8.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    During warmer weather a J Frame with one or two speed strips is carried. During colder weather a 1911 with one extra magazine is carried.

I would also be curious how many rounds per month a person fires and how many dry fire repetitions they perform each day.
    Train 2 Win

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast