Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will this crack in the magazine cause a problem?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Call me paranoid, but I don't trust plastic mags all that much. GI mags with anti tilt followers are reliable, and don't chip or crack when they hit the ground.
    They do dent and bend. No mag is 100%
    I run pmags and usgi no preference for either as both work well, take abuse, and reach and end if usefull life (found end to usgi, still waiting for pmags to fail, but less rounds on them).

OP, rip off tab and mark as training mag- worst case you get some unexpected clearance drills.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    They do dent and bend. No mag is 100%
    I run pmags and usgi no preference for either as both work well, take abuse, and reach and end if usefull life (found end to usgi, still waiting for pmags to fail, but less rounds on them).

OP, rip off tab and mark as training mag- worst case you get some unexpected clearance drills.
    I understand all designs have their unique points of failure, and I acknowledge Pmags have a solid reputation. The thing is, I can bend a feed lip back into shape on a GI mag, and I've never had one dent severely from a simple drop. When plastic mags fail, they fail big time and usually require replacement. Either way, mags are cheap so for most people it's a non issue. I just prefer to use something that in theory I can field fix if needed.

Feedback Score
    Call them and see if they'll exchange it/send you a new one.

Otherwise just toss it in the trash. May as well keep the removable parts, though.

If a magazine for any gun so much as looks at me funny I toss it.

Take care of them but keep them in line. If they even think about stepping out they're gone.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-10-18 at 23:17.

Feedback Score
    I’ve had no issues with my Lancers but I mainly like them cause they’re transparent.
    Since I shoot .300bo too I like using transparent Lancers for 5.56, easy to visually verify no .300bo snuck in.
    Overall I still prefer metal over plastic but I have way more E-lander stainless steel bodied mags than aluminum.

I’d see if Lancer will replace that mag. Otherwise, gut it and toss the body.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123