Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Peppermint' Action Movie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Almost believable, but I just can't get into movies where uber pretty thin women like her go all action hero like that. I simply can't suspend my disbelief for it to enjoy such movies for the most part.
    I agree.

Yet to this day people will argue for hours over the ability of a five and a half foot tall 135# half Chinese guy to defeat anyone based on some mythical aspects.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This movie looks awful. I'm sick of the "Tiny hot Female kicking hardened mens asses" BS Hollywood is pushing. It's too unbelievable and ridiculous.

Not going to see it.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    To a certain extent all action movies are 'over the top' as far as how much damage the hero can either avoid or sustain and still remain in the fight. To my mind only movies like 'Ronin' are remotely realistic because they show the hero getting injured in a way that he has to get it taken care of pronto. There just aren't many action movies like that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I agree.

Yet to this day people will argue for hours over the ability of a five and a half foot tall 135# half Chinese guy to defeat anyone based on some mythical aspects.
    Far more believable than some 125lb woman taking out trained men, but I don't watch goofy MA movies for essentially the same reasons.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Far more believable than some 125lb woman taking out trained men, but I don't watch goofy MA movies for essentially the same reasons.
    I don't know about "trained" men so much (could be some I'd have to think about it). Mostly she takes out drug cartel types.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gonna watch it anyway because I like her. Affleck was a fool. Glad to see she is working again.
    Last edited by austinN4; 09-12-18 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I don't know about "trained" men so much (could be some I'd have to think about it). Mostly she takes out drug cartel types.
    Drug cartels dicks are probably some of the most hardened folks around outside of military/LE. And a lot of them are former military and LE. That lifestyle is rough, tough and full of violence. Street fighting, drug slanging, murderous assholes with guns, knives and unlimited funds- are not soft folks.

Perhaps 1 in a billion females would be able to train and Harden themselves to the point of being capable of even a 1/10th of what these ladies in the movies are seen doing. And in real life, muscle mass makes a HUGE difference.

It's just laughable to believe females would be in any position to do this type of stuff. Now, seduction and clandestine murder, poisoning and killing from afar- that's believable AF and true to life. This 100 LB lady directly engaging and taking full strikes from a hardened criminal nonsense is beyond laughable and not reality at all.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    To a certain extent all action movies are 'over the top' as far as how much damage the hero can either avoid or sustain and still remain in the fight. To my mind only movies like 'Ronin' are remotely realistic because they show the hero getting injured in a way that he has to get it taken care of pronto. There just aren't many action movies like that.

Absolutely. I can suspend disbelief to a point, once things cross that line, I laugh out loud and can't take the rest of it seriously. Too many movies cross that line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Drug cartels dicks are probably some of the most hardened folks around outside of military/LE. And a lot of them are former military and LE. That lifestyle is rough, tough and full of violence. Street fighting, drug slanging, murderous assholes with guns, knives and unlimited funds- are not soft folks.

Perhaps 1 in a billion females would be able to train and Harden themselves to the point of being capable of even a 1/10th of what these ladies in the movies are seen doing. And in real life, muscle mass makes a HUGE difference.

It's just laughable to believe females would be in any position to do this type of stuff. Now, seduction and clandestine murder, poisoning and killing from afar- that's believable AF and true to life. This 100 LB lady directly engaging and taking full strikes from a hardened criminal nonsense is beyond laughable and not reality at all.
    I agree, normally Barbie ain't so good at taking out armed professionals. At least the movie makers attempt to address this in "Peppermint."

If it helps you any, they go through an exposition where they show that she receives extensive training and experience after the incident that causes her to want revenge.

I hate to give away too much more. Some people want to see it without too much advance knowledge.

BTW: I recently saw "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom." Someone was telling me there really aren't dinosaurs anywhere anymore. Didn't ruin my movie experience.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-12-18 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Gonna watch it anyway because I like her.
    I'll watch it and probably own it just for the fact it's a vigilante film.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast