Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 vs CZ P-09

Feedback Score

Glock 17 Gen 5 vs CZ P-09

Ordinarily I try to avoid "Brand A" vs "Brand B" comparisons, but I'm curious. For those who have used both, in general, which was the more accurate gun - the Glock or the CZ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hopefully this is a helpful indirect comment (sometimes they aren't). Joe Mustang has done accuracy work out to 200 yards with the P09 and comments that it gave a performance edge over the P226. One HK user on this site found that the P09 stayed with his HK USP Expert. That is tall grass.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)
    I find at distance the cz is more accurate , and grip angle is natural between the 2

Feedback Score
    My CZ's both P07 and P09 are tack drivers. My Glocks aren't they get the job done but my CZ's are like Wilson or big name builder custom 1911 accurate.

Feedback Score
    P-09 prices have really come down lately - around $380 in some cases. There's been some speculation that it's because CZ is coming out with a full-size P-10. But are the two mechanically similar?

Feedback Score
    Both out shoot me.

When I've really taken my time, the P-07 was one of the most accurate pistols I've ever shot. Up there with an HK USP with a match trigger in it.

Really, I think it comes down to which platform (DA/SA or striker fired) you're interested in. For me, all my work guns (for whatever agency) are 99% going to be Glock, so I don't 'cheat' on the platform and train with other guns.

Feedback Score
    I had a P-07 years ago when they first came out and were unusually cheap for a CZ. Great ergonomics, and one of the best SA/DA triggers out of the box, with a SUPER light SA trigger pull. So light when I handed a loaded one to my dad for the first time he accidentally discharged it when he put his finger on the trigger (pointed downrange of course, this was the man who taught me gun safety. But it took him off guard).

But I kinda wishes I'd waited for the P09, and when times got tough I had to let my P-07 go to keep my 97B. If P-09s ARE getting cheap, that's hard to ignore. I know people are going nuts over the P10Cs but I've also seen the fit n finish of the P10s all over the place, while EVERY P-07 & P-09 has been typical CZ quality. But I've also not seen a p-09 as cheap as a P10c either.

The only issue I ever heard about on the 07s was a pin that would walk out and cause the frame to bulge. Mine never shows any signs of that.

Feedback Score
    I just took the plunge and ordered a new P-09 for $379 shipped.

Feedback Score
    P01/SP01 > P07/P09 > any Glock

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I just took the plunge and ordered a new P-09 for $379 shipped.
    Would you share where? I would love to snag a P09 or P07 at that price
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast