Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My G19 shoots left??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I too have played the glock lottery. I've won and lost before.

Unfortunately, glock considers their handguns "within spec" if the rear sight is NOT hanging off one way or another. 6 inches at 25 yards seems pretty drastic.

have you contacted glock about this yet?
    No I haven't contacted Glock. I've tried a bunch of different ammo and moved the rear sight. I really don't want to send it back, I had my LGS put night sights on it. My luck they'd give me a new pistol without night sights and tell me it's their policy not to swap out sights and toss mine. I'll change the locking block to see if that works. If it doesn't I'll have to contacted them.

NYH1.

I stopped by my LGS this afternoon. He has a bulk pack with a bunch of different ones. He gave me what we thought was the correct locking block for $5. The actual "block area" where the barrel sets in is a little to wide. So I'm going to see if anyone at our gun show this weekend has one. If not I'll order one. I know the correct part number now.

Thanks for the help guys.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've had my Gen 3 G19 for almost 10 years and was my CCW for most of that time. I shot it really well and was extremely comfortable with it, sometimes I tried to replace it with something sexier but usually came back to it in the end. A few years ago I started shooting my VP9 and G34 more at the range, and when I tried to shoot my G19 it didn't group well and sometimes to the left. I decided my old sights were kinda crappy (Glock OEM tritium front, with OEM steel non tritium rear) and put on some Ameriglo's. I'd rezero them, no matter what I did it shot like shit and usually to the left.

Finally the other day I spent a lot of time with my G34 and G19, got my groups small again with the 19 but consistently to the left. I used a sight adjustment tool and after moving my rear sight all the way over to the right, it now shoots perfectly. What surprised me was how far over it is, which I didn't need with any of my previous sight set ups. Check it out:

PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I've had my Gen 3 G19 for almost 10 years and was my CCW for most of that time. I shot it really well and was extremely comfortable with it, sometimes I tried to replace it with something sexier but usually came back to it in the end. A few years ago I started shooting my VP9 and G34 more at the range, and when I tried to shoot my G19 it didn't group well and sometimes to the left. I decided my old sights were kinda crappy (Glock OEM tritium front, with OEM steel non tritium rear) and put on some Ameriglo's. I'd rezero them, no matter what I did it shot like shit and usually to the left.

Finally the other day I spent a lot of time with my G34 and G19, got my groups small again with the 19 but consistently to the left. I used a sight adjustment tool and after moving my rear sight all the way over to the right, it now shoots perfectly. What surprised me was how far over it is, which I didn't need with any of my previous sight set ups. Check it out:
    kaltesherz, that's off quit a bit. I have the regular Trijicon's on mine. They're look wider then yours. I couldn't get that much adjustment from mine without it sticking off the side of the slide. Hopefully a new looking block works.

Is Currahee the 1-61 Cav., 506th? My friend was in 1-61 Cav. Iraq '05/'06.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    kaltesherz, that's off quit a bit. I have the regular Trijicon's on mine. They're look wider then yours. I couldn't get that much adjustment from mine without it sticking off the side of the slide. Hopefully a new looking block works.

Is Currahee the 1-61 Cav., 506th? My friend was in 1-61 Cav. Iraq '05/'06.

NYH1.
    It's far off but shoots great otherwise- I'm just glad to have my G19 back in my holster as it carries so much easier than my VP9.

I was in 2/506th, which was known as White Currahee but the motto for the 506th since WW2 was Currahee. 1-61 Cav was in our Brigade (which no longer exists), hence why they also used it too.
    If you watch Band of Brothers you'll get a better idea...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

That's pretty much where my G 19 Ameriglo sights ended up.

Feedback Score
    It's far off but shoots great otherwise- I'm just glad to have my G19 back in my holster as it carries so much easier than my VP9.

I was in 2/506th, which was known as White Currahee but the motto for the 506th since WW2 was Currahee. 1-61 Cav was in our Brigade (which no longer exists), hence why they also used it too.
    If you watch Band of Brothers you'll get a better idea...
    I prefer my full size Glock's. However, the G19 is a great carry gun. I like my little G26 as well, especially in the summer.

When my friend first arrived at the 101st, he was in the 3-187th Inf. Then his unit was switched to the 1-61 Cav. Not sure how or why that happened. He's been out for a while now. Getting ready for their first kid pretty soon. I recommended a puppy....but.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    That's pretty much where my G 19 Ameriglo sights ended up.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get mine straightened out with a new locking block. We'll see.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Yeah, that's where one of mine ended up on the rear sight too.

It's funny, but this is the reason why defoor has students "zero" their pistols at the beginning of every class. Namely the glocks.

Feedback Score
    Count me in as well. New Gen 5 G17 with the factory installed Ameriglos. Had to push them all the way to the right.

Feedback Score
    Now this is interesting...I have a Gen 3 G26, and same issue its always shot to the left. I replaced the standard crap Glock sights with a pair of 10-8'S, and Ive also had to drift my rear sight off to the side to get things zeroed up..I always figured it was that Glock grip angle or something, I shoot my 1911 and M&P no problems. Now I'm wondering...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast