Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My G19 shoots left??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone tried using shim stock to tighten the locking block?

I am not disputing anything anyone has said, but there are a several factors which impact accuracy (group size) and poi - slide barrel, slide barrel hood, locking block, barrel lug, etc. Tolerance stacking among those variables can influence accuracy and poi.

If a loose locking block is the culprit, I can not understand why it always manifests in groups to the left, and why in NYH1's case a sight correction did not fix the problem.

I a student was having a problem with grouping left or right, I would have myself or one of several coworkers shoot the pistol to confirm before drifting the rear sight. Most of the time the pistol would be on. We worked with a lot of adjunct instructors so this was a quick way of determining if one of us needed to work with a student to determine a problem the adjunct hadn't detected. This wasn't saying anything bad about our help, just a fact that folks who are on the range all the time pick up smaller shooter error's quicker.

As a result, I always recommend having someone else shoot the pistol.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-13-18 at 11:12.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Every Glock [all mine were 9mm, 17 & 19] I've ever used shot left of center from slightly left to 4-5" left, elevation has always been good. From the bench I could get my last Glock to shoot just left of center but it went farther left the faster I tried to use it. I don't mind a slight rear sight nudge to the right but how far I shoot left depended on how fast I was trying to shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had a 34gen4 that shot 6" left. Couldn't zero the gun without the rear sight almost hanging off.
    I tried swapping in parts (including the locking block) from multiple known good pistols but nothing fixed it. It was probably an out of spec barrel or slide.

Sold it and bought another 34gen4 and the problem was instantly solved.

Feedback Score
    Glocks normally shoot slightly left for me. (1-2 inches at 25 yds or so)

If I slow way down and focus hard they shoot fine horizontally. But add some sweat, rapid fire, and they go left again.

Putting the rear just slightly right will put them a tiny bit right when I really slow down, and a tiny bit left when things get a little sloppier.

I chalk it up to the shape of the grip in my case. I actually didn't consider swapping out locking blocks and such. It hasn't been a big enough problem for me.

You guys with sight waaay over? I couldn't deal with that. I'd have to fix that or get it fixed.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-14-18 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    They did have any at the gun show. Had to order one. Probably get it late next week.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    The new locking block came this week. Put it in and took it to the range this afternoon. Shoots good and straight now.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Shoot it again today. Definitely fixed the issue.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do glocks inherently shoot left?

This is the rear sight on my 17.5 as it came, pushed to the right:

It shot POA/POI for me, maybe a hair left but it was offhand not a bench.

Mrgunsngear posted recently that his new G45 also had the sights pushed to the right:

Makes me wonder if this is a thing.

Does Glock zero from the factory?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    As a lefty, all my Glocks shoot to the right. Why is that? Am I just lucky?

No. It's not the gun (at least not mine). It's me.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    As a lefty, all my Glocks shoot to the right. Why is that? Am I just lucky?

No. It's not the gun (at least not mine). It's me.
    Diogenes, the search is over!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast