View Poll Results: How are you liking your NX8? (Votes are Public)

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it. On 1x it's fast and works great.

6 35.29%
  • I love it. On 8x the glass is clear, reticle crisp, and it works great.

3 17.65%
  • I like it just because of the "Footprint", but the performance is "meh"

5 29.41%
  • I dumped it for something else and will elaborate in my post, below.

6 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are you liking your NX8?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

How are you liking your NX8?

I'm curious if most people like them, or if buyer's remorse has set in? I see a lot in the EE.

Poll is Public, Multiple Choices possible.
    Last edited by WS6; 08-29-18 at 05:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It was my last attempt at using a variable optic on my do-it-all carbine. It was a magnificent little scope, I just could not get used to the extra weight up top. I went back to a red-dot setup.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had an NX8 and an ATACR and performance-wise, I liked everything about the ATACR better. The NX8 was a little hard for me to get behind and I didn't like the reticle or the image quality on 1X. For the size and weight, the NX8 is the at the cutting edge.

I've always had a little trouble with LPVs on 1X. Even with a Razor Gen II and ATACR I see double a lot of time when engaging targets in a 'cold' setting such as search ID shoot/no-shoots. In a match setting where I can plan (game) the stage I do very well with a LPV. The extra weight mitigates recoil.

I ultimately got rid of both and stuck with an Aimpoint since it's the best tool for my application.
    Last edited by 17K; 08-29-18 at 08:36.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I bought both the atacr and nx8 at the same time to compare. Just like 17K, I found the atacr better in every aspect other than weight and length. Neither of those cons were deal breakers for me. I found I liked the atacr reticle more, the eye box more, eye relief more and my perceived FOV seemed better with the Atacr as the scope body disappears for me just like a razor. Sold the nx8 and bought another atacr.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    My only experience of LPVO is with the MK6, Vortex, and the NX8. The NX8 is my favorite out of those. After getting it focused outside on the range, 1x was flat and the reticle at 8x was crisp. It fills all my needs and the eyebox didn't bother me too much. But, I plan on training a lot with it, so in the future I will be even faster. It is an awesome little scope.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It is good for such a small scope. Brightness.. Well on 5, indoors with a magnifying class you could light a cig. outdoors it's still bright enough... Still brighter than an accupower turned all way up.

For shooting mansize targets the reticle is great at all mag ranges, for shooting smaller stuff, not so much unless you dial it up. It's not until you hit 4x when the reticle opens. Which is why I like the razor, because you still get that small dot if you just need that 2-3x without having the thing wobbling everywhere on full zoom.

Eye relief is average. With a razor you worry about mounting it too far back, this is the opposite. I think the eye relief reports are coming from guys who are making the jump from red dots and haven't flipped their buis up ever, it's really not as bad as some are making it.

If I sold it I wouldn't miss it, but i am still very pleased with it. If I could do it over again though i would have just got another razor or ammo.

Feedback Score
    As much as I wanted to like the NX8, I didn't. For 1-8x, the NX8 just wasn't as easy to use as an ATACR or CQBSS. It is lighter and smaller, than adding the weight of those, but I did better with some 1-6x options for a similar price and weight of the NX8. For that matter, depending on the role, it wasn't as good in my opinion to simple Aimpoints or Eotechs with the option of a magnifier running the gun.
    Maybe NF will change some things on the NX8? I am open to that and I would like for them to do so.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    As much as I wanted to like the NX8, I didn't. For 1-8x, the NX8 just wasn't as easy to use as an ATACR or CQBSS. It is lighter and smaller, than adding the weight of those, but I did better with some 1-6x options for a similar price and weight of the NX8. For that matter, depending on the role, it wasn't as good in my opinion to simple Aimpoints or Eotechs with the option of a magnifier running the gun.
    Maybe NF will change some things on the NX8? I am open to that and I would like for them to do so.
    Hard to compare those. The NX8 is a great scope with a lightweight footprint and easliy commands its marketplace. The ATACR is on another level, and provides red dot point and shoot and the ability to magnify to 8X.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I prefer the quality 1-6 offerings over the NX8. Hard to beat what the Kahles offers in it's package. For the ATACR, I much prefer the CQBSS still and even the Minox and the 1-6 kahles.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-31-18 at 08:45.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This could very well be the most honest thread on LPVO I’ve read in a while, but it also makes me think I should save myself thousands of dollars on even more expensive compromises by going with the Vortex Razor 1-6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast