Thread: glock generation swap

Feedback Score

glock generation swap

can you put a gen 5 glock 34 slide on a gen 4 frame? the ambi slide lock lever is freaking killing me. when i go to power stroke the slide after a mag insertion and it doesnt sling forward because of where my hand/pointer finger sits. people have told me they have the same problem and had to file it down but im in no mood to start taking a dremel to a new glock and start grinding parts. so id like to know if i can just buy a gen 4 17 and swap the frame over to my gen 5 34

Feedback Score
    No. The Gen5 Glocks are using the G19-proportioned locking blocks, which are different from a G17Gen4 locking block which means the Gen5 barrel lugs won't match-up to a G17Gen4 locking block.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/gloc...top-lever.html

I've heard of good reports of substituting a Gen3-4 SLIDE STOP for the Gen5 ambi slide stop; or going the Dremel-method of cutting off the right side of the Gen5 SLIDE STOP. The referenced web-link above is one source for Glock parts.
    Last edited by L-2; 09-10-18 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    ohhhhh, i see. what if i swap the locking block over?

Feedback Score
    and wouldnt i be able to use the gen 4 barrel in the gen 5 slide? that would work right?