Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horror: Hereditary

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Sorry, I don’t do horror or slasher movies. The last one I saw was Event Horizon and it still scares me just thinking about it.
    Can a movie not be scary without overt horror or slashing? I believe that is what the guys are calling psychologically scary.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Can a movie not be scary without overt horror or slashing? I believe that is what the guys are calling psychologically scary.
    Yes, it can. Maybe my definition of horror and suspense differ. The Sixth Sense: suspense. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: horror.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I watched the first Paranormal Activity, the cheap one that they filmed for like $20K. That was a scary movie.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Forgot to mention earlier, I thought Toni Colette did a fantastic job in her role. Her acting was first rate.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Forgot to mention earlier, I thought Toni Colette did a fantastic job in her role. Her acting was first rate.
    Agreed. She really sold the part.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I watched the first Paranormal Activity, the cheap one that they filmed for like $20K. That was a scary movie.
    I hate to admit it, but that movie scared the dog doodoo out of me.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    It's pretty rare to get a well executed horror movie. The comparisons to The Exorcist really made me question its legitimacy because usually that type of talk is just marketing. I ended up seeing it twice in the theater and I really liked it. It has a lot of the typical horror movie devices, but what I can say for sure is that the pacing and tempo is really nailed down. It is not so much that "gotcha" type of scary, but more psychological as others have said.

I found myself tensing up during the second screening even though I knew what was going to happen on screen. That's rare for me.
    The Exorcist might be the most terrifying movie made.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    This.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    East Asians do psychological horror very well. Try Audition or The Wailing if you don't mind reading subtitles for good films. Also, for much better choreographed action, Asian films such as Ong Bak I and II, Killzone, and The Raid I and II are pretty spectacular. We are not talking about your old school cheesy kung fu flicks or your artsy wire flying like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but fight scenes with traditional SE Asian and other martial arts that look like plenty of extras and stuntmen have broken bones or ended careers from.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Watched it with the kids this weekend. Creepy ass flick. Highly recommend it. Disturbing.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast