Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone preorders started

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

iPhone preorders started

I was in my T-Mobile account getting ready for the pre-orders to start, and they offered me a pre-order about 10 minutes before start time. So I went through it, and it accepted it. Easy as pie. Compared to last year's nightmare of spending an hour with a broken website, this year I was done before they officially kicked-off.

(Last year was for the Mrs. -- we are taking turns upgrading. Since my occupation is iPhone programming, I try and have one of the latest, plus a few generations of older phones on hand for testing etc )
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I preordered today, would be nice if Magpul could make a field case for the X/XS.

China didn't wait..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-Styl...w/163247782639
    Last edited by jmp45; 09-14-18 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp45 View Post
    I preordered today, would be nice if Magpul could make a field case for the X/XS.

China didn't wait..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-Styl...w/163247782639
    Otterbox, my preferred case has cases for all the new X models.

What models you fellas getting and what are their differences over the X that has not even been out a year now? I'll just assume they all north of $1K as well.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-14-18 at 16:57.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Otterbox, my preferred case has cases for all the new X models.

What models you fellas getting and what are their differences over the X that has not even been out a year now? I'll just assume they all north of $1K as well.
    I have an otterbox coming. Wife and I are moving from a 6 to XS. Yeah, 2k, Nuts.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I ordered the iPhone Xs Max 256GB in Gold. My current phone is the 7 Plus in the Black 256GB. It has been a while since I had a Gold phone. I mix up the colors. The wife got the X last year to replace her old 6 she had been using. My day job and side job is to write iOS apps so my phone is courtesy of my business, where it is used daily in development. I used to get the new one every year (original, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7 Plus) and the wife would get one every 2 or 3 years (she was fine with that and does not want a new one every year). Now, I probably will upgrade every 2 years with the wife being opposite years from me, so I always have one example of the latest to test with. It gets expensive.
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Verizon has a good deal going on the new iPhones. If you buy (2) they knock $700 off the 2nd one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Verizon has a good deal going on the new iPhones. If you buy (2) they knock $700 off the 2nd one.
    But then you have to user Verizon...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    But then you have to user Verizon...
    We currently have AT&T. Verizon is cheaper and has better coverage in our area so those were our primary reasons for changing. The iPhone Xs deal is what made me finally punch the button.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    We currently have AT&T. Verizon is cheaper and has better coverage in our area so those were our primary reasons for changing. The iPhone Xs deal is what made me finally punch the button.
    Yeah, each person has different needs and different conditions. Some areas the carrier helps decide as there is only one strong carrier.

We used AT&T up until a year and a half ago or so when we switched to T-Mobile. T-Mobile works as well or better than AT&T at my house, and works well in some other areas I need to be at where AT&T is not so great. Plus we travel to Japan every other year and T-Mobile gives me basic use there included. And a neighbor is a high up T-Mobile exec for this region...

So far it has worked well.

That is a killer deal with Verizon though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Only if you add a new second #. Does not apply if you already have 2 numbers through Verizon and upgrading 2 phones. I tried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast