Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What y'all do with your 37mm barrels when the Form 1 gets approved?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question What y'all do with your 37mm barrels when the Form 1 gets approved?

Tax stamp could be any day now for an M203. Seems like a waste to keep 2 barrels once the paperwork comes through.

What are you guys doing with your 37mm smooth bore barrels? Got a 12 inch LMT that came with a Hartford Horsey...

Save it for 4th of July to pop some 37mm goodness? Sell it? Keep it for something else?
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Arfcom could probably provide more experience with 37mm launchers.

Feedback Score
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd like to know more about this process. I've been doing the NFA thing for years, but did not realize that civilians could own 40mm launchers. Can you make new ones after getting a stamp or is this a pre '86 M203?

Why would arfcom have more information regarding 37mm launchers? People here seem pretty knowledgeable.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd like to know more about this process. I've been doing the NFA thing for years, but did not realize that civilians could own 40mm launchers. Can you make new ones after getting a stamp or is this a pre '86 M203?

Why would arfcom have more information regarding 37mm launchers? People here seem pretty knowledgeable.
    203s aren't machine guns, they're Destructive Devices which can be NFA purchased. As far as Arfcom... the 37mm is more of a novelty item, as it's not a practical fighting weapon. Not too many guys here are into that stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    203s aren't machine guns, they're Destructive Devices which can be NFA purchased. As far as Arfcom... the 37mm is more of a novelty item, as it's not a practical fighting weapon. Not too many guys here are into that stuff.
    But new grenades cant enter the market, correct? As I understand it, theres no functional difference between 37 and 40mm civilian rounds... of course Id love to know if/how Im wrong.

I’ve gone full circle on this:
    “Grenade launchers are dumb
    Well, may be a lot of fun
    Wow they are pretty cheap- and “could” be usefull
    Oh - you cant get real grenades
    Grenade launchers are dumb”

Feedback Score
    There is a big demand for 37mm 203 barrels right now, since not everyone wants to go title II, and no one has sold them on their own for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get $500 for it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    But new grenades cant enter the market, correct?
    I don't know for sure. I've seen discussion that basically said each grenade is a DD with its own tax stamp, but you can't get them anyway. So... ""

As I understand it, theres no functional difference between 37 and 40mm civilian rounds... of course Id love to know if/how Im wrong.
    I'm sure there's no arming fuse on 37mm projectiles since there aren't any explosive loads.

I’ve gone full circle on this:
    “Grenade launchers are dumb
    Well, may be a lot of fun
    Wow they are pretty cheap- and “could” be usefull
    Oh - you cant get real grenades
    Grenade launchers are dumb”
    Same here. If I had crazy money, I'd buy a real LMT M203 just for the Tony Montana factor. But lobbing chalk rounds probably has diminishing returns in the thrills arena.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The 40mm one that are DDs can shoot buckshot, flechettes, and multiple 22lr at a time. So not explosive but a 40mm insert firing 18 22lr with one trigger pull or a buck shot round would suck to get hit with.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gotsta have the HEDP rounds.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Damn it I want one too! I used to read Mr. 40mm’s stuff online. Looks like he’s out of business now. Wanted one of his M79’s. An LMT M203 might be in my future just because!

I’d sell 37mm bbl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast