Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any part of a legit Mk18 Mod3 that I can't legally get or is it just money?

Feedback Score

Is there any part of a legit Mk18 Mod3 that I can't legally get or is it just money?

Looking to build an exact clone so money not withstanding can it be done?

Feedback Score
    There is no true MK18 Mod 3.... in fact theres not really a "Mod 2" either... the official would still be the Mod 1 (or Block II, I suppose). Some people are replacing the DD RIS II from MK18 Mod 1s with Geissele rails and calling them "Block III MK18s", but those arent official in any way.

Geissele has the URG-I contract for the "Block III", if you will, and I believe they are eventually going to be releasing a 10.3 upper to replace the current MK18 upper receivers, so maybe thats what youre looking for? In that case, technically you couldnt have any of it, as it hasnt been released yet, and I havent seen any plans to replace the rail as a stand alone. Eventually they may release the whole upper, like they are doing with the URG-I.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a package coming with no idea what is inside, I may (or may not) be able to contribute to this in a more positive manner pretty soon.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is there any part of a legit Mk18 Mod3 that I can't legally get or is it just money?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have a package coming with no idea what is inside, I may (or may not) be able to contribute to this in a more positive manner pretty soon.
    Since there’s no real mod 3, I hope your package has a RIS III...(in the correct RIS II anodized FDE.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 09-12-18 at 15:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Since there’s no real mod 3, I hope your package has a RIS III...(in the correct RIS II anodized FDE.)

Sorry if that is yours, but that just does not look good.... it looks like a total hack job.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry if that is yours, but that just does not look good.... it looks like a total hack job.
    Not mine, it was from Solider Systems.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/23...aniel-defense/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydey View Post
    There is no true MK18 Mod 3.... in fact theres not really a "Mod 2" either... the official would still be the Mod 1 (or Block II, I suppose). Some people are replacing the DD RIS II from MK18 Mod 1s with Geissele rails and calling them "Block III MK18s", but those arent official in any way.

Geissele has the URG-I contract for the "Block III", if you will, and I believe they are eventually going to be releasing a 10.3 upper to replace the current MK18 upper receivers, so maybe thats what youre looking for? In that case, technically you couldnt have any of it, as it hasnt been released yet, and I havent seen any plans to replace the rail as a stand alone. Eventually they may release the whole upper, like they are doing with the URG-I.

Hope that helps.
    the Mk16 rail for the <whatever version> Mk18 will be commercially available in October, as a complete URG replacement, just like the M4A1 URG-i.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It is the Goldish color that's the problem???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love this forum.

Regularly: Quit bashing Colt's fit and finish. They make war horses, not show ponies.

A few days ago: Don't buy that BCM, you're too obsessed with fit and finish and they'll let you down.

Today: That prototype DD rifle is fugly. A total hack job.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    the Mk16 rail for the <whatever version> Mk18 will be commercially available in October, as a complete URG replacement, just like the M4A1 URG-i.
    It took me a few tries to understand this.

The MK18/CQBR version of the Geissele URG-I will be available in October.

Still sounds like Mr. G won't sell the MK16 rails separately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast