Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico in bad shape after storm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Puerto Rico in bad shape after storm

Puerto Rico has potential for legit mass violence and is one of the islands I never had an interest in visiting. I'd be surprised if US mil not called in to keep stable:

Puerto Rico Energy Infrastructure Is 'Completely Down,' Governor Says

Hurricane Maria has damaged Puerto Rico's power infrastructure in ways that, in a worst-case scenario, could take months to repair, Gov. Ricardo Rosselló told CNN late Wednesday.

"Our telecommunications system is partially down," he said. "Our energy infrastructure is completely down."

Rosselló said that the island's energy infrastructure is "a little bit old, mishandled and weak," and towers carrying high-voltage lines may have been toppled by the storm. The National Guard will assess the lines from the air once conditions are safer, he said.

The head of Puerto Rico's emergency management agency said such damage would leave the entire island without power.

Cont:

http://wlrn.org/post/reports-indicat...ll-puerto-rico
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Personally I feel that we, as the parent nation, are obliged to help them overcome this as we would any other U.S. state/territory. It apparently was catastrophic. Not one dime should be sent towards their bankruptcy but this is a true disaster. I'd hate to be there right now.

If they had all-inclusive resorts there my wife and I would have already vacationed there. But alas, they don't.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Personally I feel that we, as the parent nation, are obliged to help them overcome this as we would any other U.S. state/territory. It apparently was catastrophic. Not one dime should be sent towards their bankruptcy but this is a true disaster. I'd hate to be there right now.

If they had all-inclusive resorts there my wife and I would have already vacationed there. But alas, they don't.
    Unfortunately, we'll end up rebuilding the place on our dime which in many ways will defacto assist with their financial situation is my guess. I don't see any particular reason they should remain U.S. territory at this point, but that's another topic.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yikes. Months without power will surely end in violence.

From what I understand individual residents don't pay US Federal income taxes unless they earn money outside of PR. So why should federal tax dollars they they did not contribute to be spent on them to recover? I am sure the US Federal Government will step in and help, but I am not sure they should.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Unfortunately, we'll end up rebuilding the place on our dime which in many ways will defacto assist with their financial situation is my guess. I don't see any particular reason they should remain U.S. territory at this point, but that's another topic.
    Don't disagree, but right now they are our territory. Rebuilding as opposed to replentishing the trough is going to be a tough needle to thread.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Don't disagree, but right now they are our territory. Rebuilding as opposed to replentishing the trough is going to be a tough needle to thread.
    A needle we will fail at as billions of tax payers $ will be used to help rebuild and much of it will disappear, etc.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Not to make light of the situation, but we may get to see what would happen to overall society in the event of an EMP attack. Months without power due to a hurricane is the closest we may come to an observable scenario.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    A needle we will fail at as billions of tax payers $ will be used to help rebuild and much of it will disappear, etc.
    Unfortunately this is probably true......despite them being a U.S. territory, they still have that rampant traditional Latin/Caribbean corruption thing going on.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its time Puerto Rico stopped LARPing that it was Quebec, learned English, and remember who owns it so the recovery effort goes smoother.

JMO

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Its time Puerto Rico stopped LARPing that it was Quebec, learned English, and remember who owns it so the recovery effort goes smoother.

JMO
    That they have repeatedly voted no to becoming a state tells me they should be cut lose. Not that I particularly want that totally corrupt island to be a US state per se, but that too would probably improve if it were a state. I say if they vote yet again not to be a state, we vote they are on their own and become independent nation state of their own. See how long they last 'till they turn into Haiti etc. I think US citizens should have a vote to cut them lose just as they have a vote to become a state, something they have voted no on repeatedly.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast