Page 140 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2644

Thread: And This is How Civil Wars Begin....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is how the thread started, portions of this article were quoted and a list of the incidents which Breitbart had compiled was posted:

Violence Against Right Escalates as Media Amp up Hate-Rhetoric Against Trump

Incidents of violence and threats against the political right have escalated as the establishment media amp up its hate rhetoric against President Trump and his supporters.

The morning after Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd compared media critics to racist segregationists and singled out Fox News as one of America’s biggest problems, a man in a “mentally agitated state,” and apparently upset over an officer involved shooting, intentionally crashed his vehicle into the studios of FOX 4 in Dallas, Texas.

Besides Todd, many in the media, especially at far-left CNN have “othered” Fox News and presented the network as a unique danger to America.

CNN’s Brian Stelter has gone so far as to spread conspiracy theories about Fox News controlling President Trump.

Hours after the far-left Washington Post published Joe Scarborough’s September 11 op-ed claiming Trump is a bigger danger to America than the 9/11 terrorists, a mass shooting threat was made against a group of Trump supporters meeting at the president’s hotel in Washington DC.

Overall in the media, most especially at CNN, a coordinated narrative based on nothing but palace intrigue and gossip has been deployed to smear Trump as mentally unstable, reckless, and in need of removal from office — via the 25th Amendment, if necessary.

Although no one is alleging any kind of wrongdoing on the president’s part, and while Trump’s domestic and foreign policy have put the country in the best shape it has been in in nearly 20 years, the media are using Bob Woodward’s anonymously sourced book and an anonymous New York Times op-ed to scare and divide American into believing an objectively successful president is a madman.

To hype his latest book, Fear: Trump in the White House, Woodward said on the Today Show this week that Trump “jeopardizes” our economy and national security[/B]. Woodward, however, did not and was not asked to explain how this could be true when the country is doing so well.

CNN constantly attacks Trump with hate rhetoric, smearing him as “delusional,” as not mentally or psychologically “fit” to be president. Like Woodward and the Times op-ed, this is all being fed to the media anonymously.

But over the past week or so, as the economic news has gotten better and the Russia Collusion Hoax has collapsed, the desperate hate-rhetoric from the media has escalated. These attacks have also extended to the Republican House for “not doing anything” to save our country from the madman Trump.

Disgraced Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein stated on CNN that he believes our country needs to be “saved” from Trump.

What kind of dog whistle is he sending with rhetoric like that?

While most voters roll their eyes at the melodrama, the real world effects of this inflammatory rhetoric are strikingly real.

Breitbart News has already tallied over documented 550 instances of harassment, threats, and outright violence aimed at Trump and his supporters, and now were are seeing a definite uptick this week as the media have amped up their ad hominem attacks.

On top of the two incidents above, a GOP congressional candidate in California was attacked with a switchblade on Saturday; a GOP campaign office in Laramie, Wyoming, was lit on fire two days after it opened; conservative columnist Denise McAllister has been forced into hiding due to death and rape threats; and a Broadway actress openly called for Trump’s assassination,

When you compare Trump supporters to segregationists, claim Trump is worse than the 9/11 terrorists, and tell the world we have a madman for president, of course you are calling for drastic action against both him and his supporters, and that includes assassination.

My take, starting anew, and in the context of all that has transpired in the last week or so, is that:

Things are not yet as bad as 1967- 1970, and we didn't go to civil war then;

The media, both sides, have gone so far away from objective reporting, that they are forced to compete with the 'other side' by out sensationalizing each other. As a result folks are inundated by sensationalized headlines such as: 3)N.J. State Police Refuse to Rule Out Door-to-Door Disarmament which stoop to the level of fear mongering. This is true of media on both sides;

We are fickle folks. Look at the Trump re-election chances? thread, the US to withdraw from Syriathread, and the Mattis Resigns thread. Look at how many folks, who had before either fully supported President Trump, or had grudgingly supported him as the lesser of evils, are either stepping away from him, or voicing their preferences for other options.

Take heed:

Moderates can unite the country, while the extremes are tearing it apart https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark...ter-but-i-will

Talking both sides, brothers and sisters:

The politics of personal destruction and ferociousness in our political discourse have destroyed our ability to have civil discussions about differences of opinion. This new level of polarization has, ironically, brought more people on both sides out to vote, and turnout surged in the midterm elections. Despite the strong views that Americans hold about the direction of the country, overwhelming they want the two sides to compromise.

More than 70 percent of registered voters say they want members of Congress to compromise and get things done, rather than stick to their principles and create even more gridlock. “Compromise” may be a dirty word to partisans, but it is a golden word with the voters today. Watching President Donald Trump demand a wall, and Democratic Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say Trump will never, ever get it, is exactly what the voters don’t want. We elected them to figure it out.

In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Things are not yet as bad as 1967- 1970, and we didn't go to civil war then;
    hard to say really it might be worse in general schools are more indoctrinating then ever
    when you have so many problems in primary school with stuff that should not be happening

you have riots where police do nothing !

you have mass shootings not like the press says but the bad ones once or twice a year now and yet that very rarely happened

the idiocy of kids on campus anymore and the self absorbed attitudes and the massive I want it now I deserve it now etc.. attitudes of many of the youth

yeah I say we are worse then we were

black kids finally got into rich white schools in those times and now they are pushed ahead of everyone else even though there is no reason !!!!

now they are demanding more and more with no reason other than skin color and we are supposed to support that while being called racists if we do not support their race based agenda ? same goes with %1 of the oddities that are not sure what sex they are ? even though science says one thing they do not believe science ! OF COURSE unless its about climate change even though many scientists are against that being mad mad you are a freak if you do not believe their scientist now !
    if you are not for immigrants you are a islamaphobe or racist against anyone else from south of the border etc

we need to level the field no more help based on race or ethnic background ! we do need to keep laws that help folks based on true mental health issues not the fake ones that exist today and control our borders all that is not happening at record pace these days

NO I would say again we are in a worse position then ever before
    Last edited by Honu; 12-24-18 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking that comparing the current climate to the 1860's or 1960's is a mistake. We need to analyze the times we are in for their own sake.

Bottom line: the escalation has got to stop or open conflict will simply be the natural progression. Are we there yet? No.

But the train is headed in that direction and it's not slowing down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Moderates can unite the country, while the extremes are tearing it apart https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark...ter-but-i-will
    Define "moderate".

Since this is a gun site, what is "moderate" gun control? All semi-autos become NFA items? You can keep your shotties and bolt guns but semi's have to go? No mags over 10 rounds? This is only one subject to be sure, but exactly what comprises "moderate" in your book?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would think you would need some really intense and dire political and social phenomena similar to but obviously not the same as what happened in the decade preceding the Civil War. I don't see that right now. The MSM are just a bunch of ignorable wind bags, and things like ANTIFA are seeming amateurs, and I really don't think the President is on his way out.

Feedback Score
    I'll be 59 next year. I was always taught that in political protest, you act respectful. maybe quietly hold a sign while the opposing candidate goes by to get your position across, but never let it devolve into something hateful and threatening. I don't care how bad the opposing political person, even if across the street - I will remain civil but demonstrate my opposition via sign or some verbal statement.

In October 2008, I went to see John McCain at the U of New Mexico student union. There were police barricades and a line of police to keep hundreds of wild-eyed screaming protesters reaching out for me, yelling vile profanities towards me. In 2016 I went to see Donald Trump at the Albuquerque Convention Center. Again there were police barricades to separate those of us in line outside with the protesters. Very little police there. Soft drinks, and all kinds of other fluids were being hurled at us. Two people in front of me was a young Catholic Nun (maybe late 20's to early 30's). She was hit in the left side of her head by a small chunk of concrete. It knocked her down. We did not see who threw it. She had a little bit of bleeding and some swelling. We moved her to the front of the line and got some police help. Paramedics called. I never saw her after that. Trying to leave the Civic Center was just as bad but less organized after the Trump speech.

During Obama's Presidency I went one Saturday to a Tea Party Rally in Las Vegas, NM. This was during the time of the SCOTUS deliberations over Obama Care. What I saw there were parents, grandparents, children, all acting respectful, listening to various speakers. There were protest signs, some patriotic songs, but nothing you would not want your kids to see. My youngest son and daughter went with me.

Are we in a civil war? Yeah, I think so. For me the split between Left and Right has never been clearer. It's really a difference between Evil and Good. As a patriotic former soldier, it's hard for me to tolerate that kind of threat of attack against me and my fellow citizens. Without the police barricades in both of those first two political rallies (2008 and 2016), it would have been a free for all attack against us just wanting to listen to a political speaker.

At some point in the United States, the Right's backlash will be massive and extremely violent, on a scale like we have not seen. I'm talking political assassinations, judicial assassinations and any other Left winger who gets in the way, or happens to out themselves. You'll see some random hits, then it will spread all over. "If you're Red, you're Dead".

That's my prediction, and there could be various levels of it, more or less. At that point America will not exist. It will be a Banana Republic with a total breakdown of civility and order. I thank God everyday that I live in a backwater part of the Southwest. We really don't rely on law enforcement or government to keep us going out here, and that may be our salvation.
    Last edited by OH58D; 12-24-18 at 17:43.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I'll be 59 next year. I was always taught that in political protest, you act respectful. maybe quietly hold a sign while the opposing candidate goes by to get your position across, but never let it devolve into something hateful and threatening. I don't care how bad the opposing political person, even if across the street - I will remain civil but demonstrate my opposition via sign or some verbal statement.

In October 2008, I went to see John McCain at the U of New Mexico student union. There were police barricades and a line of police to keep hundreds of wild-eyed screaming protesters reaching out for me, yelling vile profanities towards me. In 2016 I went to see Donald Trump at the Albuquerque Convention Center. Again there were police barricades to separate those of us in line outside with the protesters. Very little police there. Soft drinks, and all kinds of other fluids were being hurled at us. Two people in front of me was a young Catholic Nun (maybe late 20's to early 30's). She was hit in the left side of her head by a small chunk of concrete. It knocked her down. We did not see who threw it. She had a little bit of bleeding and some swelling. We moved her to the front of the line and got some police help. Paramedics called. I never saw her after that. Trying to leave the Civic Center was just as bad but less organized after the Trump speech.

During Obama's Presidency I went one Saturday to a Tea Party Rally in Las Vegas, NM. This was during the time of the SCOTUS deliberations over Obama Care. What I saw there were parents, grandparents, children, all acting respectful, listening to various speakers. There were protest signs, some patriotic songs, but nothing you would not want your kids to see. My youngest son and daughter went with me.

Are we in a civil war? Yeah, I think so. For me the split between Left and Right has never been clearer. It's really a difference between Evil and Good. As a patriotic former soldier, it's hard for me to tolerate that kind of threat of attack against me and my fellow citizens. Without the police barricades in both of those first two political rallies (2008 and 2016), it would have been a free for all attack against us just wanting to listen to a political speaker.

At some point in the United States, the Right's backlash will be massive and extremely violent, on a scale like we have not seen. I'm talking political assassinations, judicial assassinations and any other Left winger who gets in the way, or happens to out themselves. You'll see some random hits, then it will spread all over. "If you're Red, you're Dead".
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post

That's my prediction, and there could be various levels of it, more or less. At that point America will not exist. It will be a Banana Republic with a total breakdown of civility and order. I thank God everyday that I live in a backwater part of the Southwest. We really don't rely on law enforcement or government to keep us going out here, and that may be our salvation.

Very good summation of today’s political climate. I read a statement in another board that said the left has degrees of escalation and right now they are in the riot and threaten phase. Those on right really have two levels- 1. Vote 2. Kill everything in front of them.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ad-end/578764/

Interesting read on SJWs and "Virtue signaling". Kind of loses the umpf at the end by focusing on voting rights and Trump, but I guess that is how you get it published in the Atlantic.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Define "moderate".

Since this is a gun site, what is "moderate" gun control? All semi-autos become NFA items? You can keep your shotties and bolt guns but semi's have to go? No mags over 10 rounds? This is only one subject to be sure, but exactly what comprises "moderate" in your book?
    Moderate? Neanderthal Man was a moderate. Advances don't come from the moderate center. I'm 71 and have heard Leftist crap all my life. Nothing they say makes any difference, they just come back wanting further leftist policies. Now I have changed. No more Mr. Nice guy. Crush the Left. Not nicely either, as they would crush us if they could--by any means possible and any means necessary. So, if we are crushing the Left, no laws, no Constitution. Why? Because this is a war. This is a war we are in whether you know it or recognize it or not. They want to do many things but all of them have one thing in common---they want to enslave your children and grandchilden.

I have had a life. If I go down in this Civil War, what a great way to go.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Define "moderate".

Defining moderate gun control is child's play. Felons and persons who are mentally unable to care for themselves should not be allowed to purchase or own firearms. Minimum age of 18 to purchase rifles and shotguns, 21 to purchase handguns.

Anything else is extreme.

Page 140 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast