Page 144 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2644

Thread: And This is How Civil Wars Begin....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I think you read too much into it. There is no end game. This is an exchange of ideas so we can kind of gauge if we're screwed or if much ado is being made about nothing.

Personally I wish I could move even further away from civilization. If I have any agenda, that's it.
    Then you probably should have named it "The left is making life miserable for even more now" or something less revolutionary. As I said I'm a Christian and am opposed to almost all the political and social philosophy espoused in GD. So I'm leery of almost all of today's politics, whether left or right. Am I screwed...my eyes of faith try hard to look elsewhere for happiness and joy.

Feedback Score
    Sure, people can say there are all for felonies for those dead best dads and crazy drunk drivers.

And nobody is going to defend some scumbag not supporting his kids or some repeat three sheets to the wind drunk driver.

But how about the guy the state is forcing to pay child support on a woman he divorced and the damn kids are not his. And nobody is going after the baby daddy whose lady is on welfare with no claims against his worthless ass as he chills in her section 8 place. Or the bipolar nut job the courts have given custody to and all his child support goes to coke, alcohol, and her boyfriends. Why are we making him a felon?

And here is an unpopular drunk driving opinion. I guarantee you there are guys I know with judgement, driving skills, and eye hand coordination that can out drive 50% or more of their fellow Americans at 0.08, let alone the 0.05 some states are going to. Why is it legal to be a shitty driver in the bottom say 25th percentile, when say 10% of Americans with 2, 3, 4, etc. drinks in them can drive safer and more skillfully than them?

Basically, it is perfectly legal to be a POS loser with no job that spends all day drinking, watching TV, and smoking weed while a couple of your baby mommas get welfare, but we will make felons out of guys getting screwed by the system.

It is perfectly legal to be an unsafe, shitty, dangerous driver sober, but fantastic and safe driver with a mixed drink or two in him in Utah at a random stop becomes a felon?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Then you probably should have named it "The left is making life miserable for even more now" or something less revolutionary. As I said I'm a Christian and am opposed to almost all the political and social philosophy espoused in GD. So I'm leery of almost all of today's politics, whether left or right. Am I screwed...my eyes of faith try hard to look elsewhere for happiness and joy.

I'm a Christian too and in my book this could be a part of the End Times. I still debate in my mind if the US even still exists by the time Jesus returns.

But I do not want this to go off on a tangent into religion. So I will say no more about it other than don't try to convince me one way or the other.

Feedback Score
    You know what you need? A good dose of getting away from everything and everyone. Go out in the middle of nowhere with just you, your favorite weapon of choice, a tent, some basic food/water and just shut out everything - no news, no internet, no politics....nothing.

That's what I do out here in the rural American West. Sometimes I just turn it all off and refuse to engage. I get on my horse or take my truck to some remote area of my already remote ranch and just sit on a rock, watch the clouds float by, hearing the wind and an occasional bird, and put everything in perspective. You say you're a Christian, then re-connect yourself with your Creator and re-fortify yourself. To me, Leftists are the embodiment of evil in the world, and are against my own Christian Faith. If we end up in a shooting civil war someday, I will have to come to terms with what all of that entails. Right now I operate in my daily life like Leftists don't exist, and that includes any gun related activity I am involved with. I'm just not going to let them make my life miserable or control any aspect of how I conduct my journey thru life.
    Last edited by OH58D; 12-26-18 at 14:32.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Good advice. I'd like to do that too

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a Christian too and in my book this could be a part of the End Times. I still debate in my mind if the US even still exists by the time Jesus returns.

But I do not want this to go off on a tangent into religion. So I will say no more about it other than don't try to convince me one way or the other.
    Fair enough...I stopped trying to convince anybody of anything in the church at large or for that matter in this thread. It just seems to me that this thread is just mostly hand ringing and posturing. But hey I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    You know what you need? A good dose of getting away from everything and everyone. Go out in the middle of nowhere with just you, your favorite weapon of choice, a tent, some basic food/water and just shut out everything - no news, no internet, no politics....nothing.

That's what I do out here in the rural American West. Sometimes I just turn it all off and refuse to engage. I get on my horse or take my truck to some remote area of my already remote ranch and just sit on rock, watch the clouds float by, hearing the wind and an occasional bird, and put everything in perspective. You say you're a Christian, then re-connect yourself with your Creator and re-fortify yourself. To me, Leftists are the embodiment of evil in the world, and are against my own Christian Faith. If we end up in a shooting civil war someday, I will have to come to terms with what all of that entails. Right now I operate in my daily life like Leftists don't exist, and that includes any gun related activity I am involved with. I'm just not going to let them make my life miserable or control any aspect of how I conduct my journey thru life.
    Can't say I disagee.

Feedback Score
    I think there's been a lot of good info here, and a huge chunk if it not from me.

Feedback Score

Hell,
    If anyone can objectively show me a form of government and foundation of law resulting in a higher standard of living or better combination of safety, freedom, and potential for upward mobility than
    A Western European based, republic goverened, Christian mores, assembled from building blocks of single marriage traditional family units, lay it on me.

I say it is not impossible there was a pantheon of beings that was the root of many religions, and the demigod son of their big guy Is a key player in one of these religions. But whether myth, legend, or a kernel of truth or some actual accuracy-

I again say show me a better system.

And the masses are set on trashing it.

As we speak, gay double daddies are having their 11 year old “son” dance for money in drag at a bar, courts and other organizations are forcing “refugees” opposed to this system into it, the family unit is tossed into the wood chipper, and meritocracy is under severe fire.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That begs the question of why you're challenging the title of a thread in GD? Not an attack by any means, an honest question. Almost everything in GD is sociopolitical. Civil wars have nothing to do with Christianity in a constitutional republic with democratic underpinnings. So why take part?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 144 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast