Page 159 of 265 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2644

Thread: And This is How Civil Wars Begin....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides.
    Understand that I'm not disagreeing with your post in whole, rather just the last sentence I find worrying. That just isn't how it plays out - ever. Take current discourse on the streets as an example: If you aren't far left, you are 'literally a nazi' and no amount of discourse can change that. You don't get to play in the middle.

Don't set yourself up for death by a mob of angry communists because you want to be moderate. They'll kill you because you aren't them. This is how every ANTIFA event has played out in figure, and once things gets froggy, the tactic will not change.
    Last edited by Leuthas; 01-21-19 at 13:26.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There's a very real and relevant meaning behind this:

Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The problem is there is nothing left to rebel against....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    Understand that I'm not disagreeing with your post in whole, rather just the last sentence I find worrying. That just isn't how it plays out - ever. Take current discourse on the streets as an example: If you aren't far left, you are 'literally a nazi' and no amount of discourse can change that. You don't get to play in the middle.

Don't set yourself up for death by a mob of angry communists because you want to be moderate. They'll kill you because you aren't them. This is how every ANTIFA event has played out in figure, and once things gets froggy, the tactic will not change.
    Mass graves are not filled with virulent anti-whatever partisans. Mass graves are filled with people from the proverbial middle of the road who just happened to be the easiest to put in front of a ditch. Never peg the 'easy to blame' and 'easy to round-up'.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    Don't set yourself up for death by a mob of angry communists because you want to be moderate.
    Shhhhh!

Don't ruin the surprise.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I find the idea of "centrist militias" totally plausible, but somehow funny at the same time, because it sounds funny, since militias are usually considered the domain of extremists, which they really shouldn't be.

In reality there probably would be a lot of communities of "regular folks" who would arm up and organize to try and keep their town from falling under the sway of either of the two main warring factions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I find the idea of "centrist militias" totally plausible, but somehow funny at the same time, because it sounds funny, since militias are usually considered the domain of extremists, which they really shouldn't be.

In reality there probably would be a lot of communities of "regular folks" who would arm up and organize to try and keep their town from falling under the sway of either of the two main warring factions.
    And if this were 1787 that might fly, but the liberal MSM won the battle over defining the militias as nut cases over 20 years ago.

I started circulating the concept of "militias in three-piece suits", meaning keep the militia philosophy, but use legal civilian means to accomplish the militia goals of protecting the Second Amendment and freedom in general.

For example, infiltrate a liberal organization and start leaking all their plans to NRA, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    And in line with my point above:

Los Angeles DJ Calls For Covington Catholic School to be Burned Down – With Kids Locked Inside – TWITTER SAYS HE DIDN’T VIOLATE RULES

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...violate-rules/
    The hypocrisyof the left is amazing.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Now CNN says that it wasn't the MSM that caused the wrong message to get out, it was a twitter account....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/...ens/index.html
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post

That's usually how it happens, until one of the groups commits some atrocity against them and then they align with the opposition.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 159 of 265 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast