Page 213 of 265 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2644

Thread: And This is How Civil Wars Begin....

Feedback Score
    It's important to understand why wars are started not just how. The answer is freedom. You know the saying freedom isn't free. So why do we have to fight for freedom, why is freedom always under attack, and by who? The constitution represents freedom in America and who is attacking it? The left. The left does't want a free people or a free society. The left wants a dependent society that they can rein. One way for them to achieve this is through war if they can eliminate enough (at least 1/3) of freedom loving people. So they create controversy that charges emotion, hatred, and hard lines such as race, culture, and yeas even guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And who is the left? Loads of people opposed to freedom(s), including firearms ownership, who aren't leftists.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    People advocate for freedom, but in actuality, freedom scares the crap out of them because if you are truly free there is a cost to that called responsibility.
    You cannot have freedom without responsibility, so what they want is the dinner and for you to pick up the check.
    It boils down that simply.

Feedback Score
    Linking to this as a relevant tangent:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-violence-Nope

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    People advocate for freedom, but in actuality, freedom scares the crap out of them because if you are truly free there is a cost to that called responsibility.
    You cannot have freedom without responsibility, so what they want is the dinner and for you to pick up the check.
    It boils down that simply.
    Shoot, they want you to take them to dinner, drink water and eat a salad while they wash down their steak and lobster with fine wines and champagne, have you to pay the bill and a tip, and an Uber home for them while you walk after giving your shoes, phone and wallet to a homeless drug addict.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    And who is the left? Loads of people opposed to freedom(s), including firearms ownership, who aren't leftists.
    Oddly enough I know a lot of liberal (maybe not “leftist”) people who have a shitload of guns

Like to me, a Leftist is like some college kid who just went to some dudes polisci 101 class and now thinks he can fix the world.

Like I don’t fault people for voting Democrat any more than the sad dopes who vote Republican.

Trust me, there is this undercurrent of people as pissed at Dems as “you people” are at the GOP.

They just want to get high, hear dirty jokes, have guilt free sex, and really abortion for the VAST majority isn’t about killing a kid. They don’t actually want abortions. They want the CHOICE.

You gotta set your MFers to “receive”. A lot also don’t want to ban guns, they just want some restructuring or seeing what can be done (nothing really). It is the professional politicians who shout gun bans. Most Dem voters just wanna know how and why and what could be done differently.

A LOT of people don’t like to fight and don’t necessarily want to learn.

They, like you people, don’t want to be preached at. Like to some extent I can see why. I don’t want Pat Robertson or Bill O Reilly preaching at me if I get some horrible terminal disease. I don’t want some dude I don’t know telling me I can’t get high all day or skip the middleman and get euthanized. I may just tough it out for loved ones but it is my CHOICE. At stake.

This is why I hang out with black folks, hippies, and art chicks. So I don’t become some flannel wearing dude chasing kids off my lawn with a Garand.

I’m with my Wingman. In the great war of busybody aggression; I’ll be in the 70% shooting at both sides.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I always enjoy the color you add to GD, Firefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Oddly enough I know a lot of liberal (maybe not “leftist”) people who have a shitload of guns
    Like to me, a Leftist is like some college kid who just went to some dudes polisci 101 class and now thinks he can fix the world.
    Like I don’t fault people for voting Democrat any more than the sad dopes who vote Republican.
    Trust me, there is this undercurrent of people as pissed at Dems as “you people” are at the GOP.
    Good description of the typical leftist. 90% of them are in the naive "you have obviously not thought this through" category. The other 10% are sociopaths. The leftist organizers have always been sociopaths, going back hundreds if not thousands of years. The labels change but the concepts have been around for a while. Karl Marx wasn't the first evil "gibs me dat" advocate.

I have some relatives who are diehard anti-GOP, but all they can or will say for Dems is to claim they are somehow not as bad. I literally don't know anyone who can defend Hillary with a straight face, although about half my social circle probably voted for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    In the great war of busybody aggression; I’ll be in the 70% shooting at both sides.
    You're old enough to have seen "Wargames" (1983), right? "The only winning move is not to play."

Seriously - in the coming unpleasantness, anyone who can sit out and not get killed or do killing is going to be better off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post

Seriously - in the coming unpleasantness, anyone who can sit out and not get killed or do killing is going to be better off.
    Truth. But will you have to live as a slave?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Living as a slave provides no assurance of not getting killed. No interest in debating lots of hypotheticals, just saying as a general principle it's best to avoid the shooting. If people start shooting at you first, avoidance may not be an option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I dunno. Do I get to work in the house and get my free woman for breeding because I can do that.

If I’m in the field, in the summer, in the sun then HELL NAW! I’m pulling a Nat Turner up in this MFer!!!

Anyways why you so scared of life?

Once I hit my fourth decade I realized I got a lot less time ahead of me than I used to so I have a hard time getting all worked up.

My teens and twenties were great. Got laid, went on adventures, $20 was a small fortune, and work was fun.
    Thirties came and went

Like I just cannot get all tragic about it

Page 213 of 265 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast