Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Our Brothers In The Path Of Florence

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

To Our Brothers In The Path Of Florence

If you are anywhere near the storms projected path PLEASE listen to the warnings and don't wait until the last minute to leave. You may be the best prepared badass in the country but you can still be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Our little island is 12 miles long and less than a mile wide and suffered a glancing blow by Matthew when it was barely a cat 1 storm. We had 36 million dollars tree/debris removal cost. My property is 19+ feet above sea level and the water came within 2 inches of getting into our home. Think about it this way.. if you are in a 12" hole on top of a mountain and get 2 feet of rain, you will flood. Once the rain exceeds the drainage systems capacity you flood. Matthew was like an afternoon thunderstorm compared to this cat 4 storm. Get out while you can.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    +1

Leave now. I can’t due to employment, but that doesn’t mean you won’t lose access to Big Brother’s safety net for a period.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I hope that you will leave while you can. Be safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My sister is a Ft Bragg. They are likely staying because they are far enough inland. However the stores already started price gouging over the weekend. A case of water bottles was 22 dollars.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score

Who else is stuck staying home during mandatory evacuations?

Myrtle Beach is not a good place to be for the next few days. Well, you wouldn’t want to be here anyway unless it was 30 or more years ago.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This guy. But not precisely “at home”.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sticking it out here. C-Grunt - tell your sister to go to Harris Teeter on Raeford Rd. Water is priced normally and they have a ton of it as of 7:30am this morning. Gas is a different story. Most every station is out already.

We are all prepared. Water, food, propane, charcoal, chainsaw, extra gas and diesel, batteries etc, etc. My son goes to The Citadel and they evacuated Tuesday. He brought 2 of his classmates with him. Have a houseful for sure. Although if we have to clear trees or I need bodies for clean up I have 3 college cadets to put to work!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here in VA people are losing their minds. We have had a lot of rain over the past two weeks and before the winds arrive the ground in many places is already saturated. The concern even with just tropical storm force winds is trees coming down. We have already shut down our offices in coastal VA and while nobody in my neighborhood needs to evacuate there are several "A" zones that already had the order in place since Tuesday morning.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was 60~ miles inland from Katrina. The 5 minute drive to my sister’s house took just over 3 hours with two chainsaws and we had my brother in law’s tractor for the last couple of blocks. If you are close to the coast, I would advise leaving too.

Btw App Store has a good app called hurricane tracker. It is $3.99 and does a great job. Lot’s of info in it, well worth the $3.99.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast