Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best barrel length for NF 1-8 ATACR?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don’t feel like the NX8 has many shortcomings. I genuinely think, for the $$, it’s the best scope out there. I mean that. I have both because I live as a LEO instructor. I shoot every single day. I teach LPV, and scoped rifle classes. If it weren’t for that, I might not have gone for the ATACR 1-8. The NX8 is that good. There is an upper 2% that would even notice what the ATACR offers over the NX8. Its almost just a business expense to me to justify the difference. Literally IF you’re shooting daily, or a couple times a week, and IF you’re pushing shots out to 600-800yds, you will see a difference. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the ATACR, and if it was the only LPV I owned, I’d be happy, BUT the NX8 is 90% of the ATACR for $1000 less $$. In the end, is the juice worth the squeeze?? I can’t answer for you, but for many folks, on any kind of a budget, it wouldn’t be.

I don’t want this to sound like I dislike the ATACR, quite the opposite. When I got it, I was blown away. It’s just that at this level, the gains vs $$ spent become very small.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    14.88 is the ideal barrel length for just about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    14.88 is the ideal barrel length for just about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like 15.125. Better equivalencies of flight duration due to harmonic twisting of the barrel flutes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123