Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best barrel length for NF 1-8 ATACR?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Exactly. The original parameter was to ding a 12" plate. That said... at our elevation, 14.5 with cut it with ease. As far as TSX, I will never shoot that nonsense, so I'll leave that to the Texas Hog hunters to address.
    What do you have against tsx? I've found it accurate and effective, fwiw

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finger stutter
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-14-18 at 07:33. Reason: Finger stutter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can make use of 8x at relatively short distances with the right combinations of target size/color/shape, what is in the area around the target, and lighting conditions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On the presumption that you don't own the optic....

Have you considered the NX8? It may not be at the same level as the ATACR, but it also isn't priced like one (and weighs less also).

Feedback Score
    Be aware the FC-DM and FC-MIL reticles have a 1.25 moa (0.35 mil) "red dot" center. For precision work, that's pretty thick for a point of aim although entirely acceptable for other purposes.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsnbikes View Post
    Be aware the FC-DM and FC-MIL reticles have a 1.25 moa (0.35 mil) "red dot" center. For precision work, that's pretty thick for a point of aim although entirely acceptable for other purposes.
    I dial down one or two mils to use the sub tensions for groups at 100. Here's a 2" target at 100 yards with -1 and -2 mils dialed.

As long as the target has a light colored background, I don't think group size will be limited by the scope.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I dial down one or two mils to use the sub tensions for groups at 100. Here's a 2" target at 100 yards with -1 and -2 mils dialed.

As long as the target has a light colored background, I don't think group size will be limited by the scope.

Crosseye, thats cool stuff. Me and a friend bought the damn ( I damn the guy that posted the LMT uppers for $699 on Brownells) uppers on Brownells. He wanted a NF 1-4 for that 10.5 upper. I Said why not get the 1-8, just why not? Having more long end mag is never a bad thing as long as you have enough short range stuff. I would like the NX8 on mine if I had the $$$$ with off set KAC irons. Lotta scope for a 10.5 but it never hurts. A precision shot at 400 would be much easier at 8X vs 4X, but both would work.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have 2 atacrs and I run one on my centurion 12.5 and one on my hodge 14.5. At Buck Doyle's class in utah I took my 14.5 hodge out to 800 yds on 12in steel. It was a slight stretch because I wanted slightly more magnification to range better, but i made about 50% hits with imi 77 grain (20 mph cross canyon winds). I also like the atacr on my 12.5 because the 1x is so flat and that 12.5 shoots out to 600 pretty easily for me and I appreciate the extra magnification.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have both. I’m running the NX8 on my Noveske Afghan 14.5. At 17oz, 1-8, FFP, daylight illum, it is, in my opinion, THE ULTIMATE AR-15 scope. I know things like ultimate, best, greatest, etc get thrown around often. I’ve used most of the 1-6 and 1-8’s on the market. I believe, for putting bullets on bad people, from CQB to the limits of 5.56, the NX8 is THE HEAT.
    My ATACR does double duty. It goes from my Lancer DMR 18” AR-15 to my KAC ACC .308. I feel like it is a little bit overkill on a small frame, not crazy so, but on a small frame, I believe it does best on a 18”-20” rifle, or where it REALLY shines is on a .308 DMR rifle.
    I love both scopes. I just think the NX8 is so good as a Lightweight, combat capable optic, the ATACR is better used on more gun. Make no mistake though, either one is fantastic. The NX8 could absolutely do duty as a DMR scope on a .308 gasser.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    I have both. I’m running the NX8 on my Noveske Afghan 14.5. At 17oz, 1-8, FFP, daylight illum, it is, in my opinion, THE ULTIMATE AR-15 scope. I know things like ultimate, best, greatest, etc get thrown around often. I’ve used most of the 1-6 and 1-8’s on the market. I believe, for putting bullets on bad people, from CQB to the limits of 5.56, the NX8 is THE HEAT.
    My ATACR does double duty. It goes from my Lancer DMR 18” AR-15 to my KAC ACC .308. I feel like it is a little bit overkill on a small frame, not crazy so, but on a small frame, I believe it does best on a 18”-20” rifle, or where it REALLY shines is on a .308 DMR rifle.
    I love both scopes. I just think the NX8 is so good as a Lightweight, combat capable optic, the ATACR is better used on more gun. Make no mistake though, either one is fantastic. The NX8 could absolutely do duty as a DMR scope on a .308 gasser.
    That’s great insight. So you don’t feel like the NX8’s glass or 30mm light transmission are hindrances?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast