Trijicon Accupower 1-8 Vs. Nightforce ATACR 1-8

How do this two scopes compare? The Nightforce is clearly the better scope, I don't think any one will argue that. But how much better and in what ways?

These are very similar scopes on paper.
-Dimensionally they are very similar, though the Trijicon lists as 4oz. heavier.
-People report the Trijicon is not as bright as may be liked.
-The Trijicon has reports of turret zero set issues.

But what I am really interested in is how much better is the ATACR glass? Is it more than twice as good?
Edge to edge clarity?
Flatness?
How forgiving is the eye box?
How forgiving is the eye relief?
How thin is the perceived 'black ring' around the eye box?

I am interested in how these parameters compare between the two scopes. I expect the Nightforce is better in all aspects? But how much better? I'd love to hear from people who have handled both mounted on a gun.

I am trying to decide between a Trijicom accupower 1-8 and a Nightforce nxs 1-8 or only a Nightforce ATACR 1-8. Previously I was set on both of the lesser scopes for about 2800$ together. But now with all of the rave reviews on the ATACR I wonder if my money is better spent on one scope?

I own two nightforce nxs scopes, a 1-4 and a 2.5-10. I am comfortable spending that much on a scope, I am a little hesitant to drop 2750$ on a single scope. Is the value there or are there diminishing returns as you move up from the trijicon?