Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon Accupower 1-8 Vs. Nightforce ATACR 1-8

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a car I’m in the process of selling. An extra pleasure car, a 1979 Toyota landcruiser. I have no want for it’s as I’m deep in Mercedes G wagens right now. Kind of consolidating calibers it’s consoliditing types of wehicles.

Once it’s gone in a week or two I’m going to go with ATACR.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    One issue I’ve noticed with the NX8 is that the reticle at 1x needs to be illuminated to be visible. Anytime the target is surrounded by a dim background and especially indoors, the T-reticle is pretty much invisible. I think this is a challenge with designing all FFP reticles. The good news is that the illumination really is red dot bright.

I suspect the ATACR will have the same issue since it has the same basic reticle as the NX8. I make sure to have spare batteries readily accessible.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    One issue I’ve noticed with the NX8 is that the reticle at 1x needs to be illuminated to be visible. Anytime the target is surrounded by a dim background and especially indoors, the T-reticle is pretty much invisible. I think this is a challenge with designing all FFP reticles. The good news is that the illumination really is red dot bright.

I suspect the ATACR will have the same issue since it has the same basic reticle as the NX8. I make sure to have spare batteries readily accessible.
    I actually have the opposite impression. I had a Khales K16i and the NX8 to compare to and ended up keeping the NX8 mainly due to the reticle being usable without illumination. The K16i edged the NX8 out in every other category besides reticle and size/form factor. Any black reticle can be hard to see in a dim room or environment....that’s why you have a light mounted to your gun. It’s the same concept as black sights on a handgun being used in conjunction with a white light.

TL;DR
    IMO, the reticle doesn’t have to be on at all times to be usable. If the environment dictates, either turn it on or use a white light and problem solved.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post

Somewhat agree, but mostly disagree. Yes, you lose the center semi-circle under adverse conditions, but the three pointed broad lines at 1x still draws your eye to the center so you'll still have a point of aim even if you lose illumination.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12