Thread: Upper forearm pain

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Upper forearm pain

I have been having recurring pain in my right upper forearm when doing dumbbell curls. I lay off the heavy weight for a while and it goes away but as soon as I start going heavy it comes back. Tendonitis? Will a wrap help.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds like a good description of "tennis elbow"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here’s a good video explaining what causes this. Focusing on my grip has solved the problem for me.
    https://youtu.be/XXjaCsUlrZs

Feedback Score
    My pain does not match the location shown in the video. My pain is not at the inner elbow, it is along the top outer side of the forearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Upper forearm pain

Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    My pain does not match the location shown in the video. My pain is not at the inner elbow, it is along the top outer side of the forearm.
    It’s essentially the same, just from a different tendon. I believe they are all attached to your fingers. Stop the heavy weight curls, or all curls for that matter, and you more than likely won’t have the issue anymore.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 09-14-18 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I think this best describes my issue. I generally do V bar pullups at the beginning of my workout and notice no pain. As soon as I start hammer curs the pain is there.

https://scarysymptoms.com/2012/02/fo...s-curls-cause/

Feedback Score
    I get it too, it’s kinda like shin splints but obviously in the forearm. Only thing that helped me was using ez curl bars instead of straight bar. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stretching and fish oil pills worked for me. Plus avoiding any motion that causes pain, of course.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    I have been having recurring pain in my right upper forearm when doing dumbbell curls. I lay off the heavy weight for a while and it goes away but as soon as I start going heavy it comes back. Tendonitis? Will a wrap help.
    Yep, tendonitis. See if bent over rows bother it. If not, keep your strength going with rows until this heals up----at least two months.