Thread: "The Predator"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

"The Predator"

Saw this flick today. Thought it was a "good but not great" movie. It has a definite comedic leaning and the usual impressive special effects. If you're a fan of the "Predator" franchise I would go see it. It does establish some new plotlines in that particular universe.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Good deal man. I was on the fence about it. Probably go watch it as soon as we get cleaned up from Flo.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I was thinking that Mat Best & his crew, coulda done SOOOOO much more with the comedic angle, and looked a LOT more realistic doing it.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Firearms featured in the film:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/The_Predator

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Will be seeing it sometime next week, can't wait.

I'm probably the only one that likes ALL of the Predator franchise to date. Super stoked that Shane Black wrote and directed this one!

Shane Black was Hawkins in the original Predator . . .

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    It's over three decades old, but (in my view) the original still holds up well today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Will be seeing it sometime next week, can't wait.

I'm probably the only one that likes ALL of the Predator franchise to date. Super stoked that Shane Black wrote and directed this one!

Shane Black was Hawkins in the original Predator . . .

That guy wrote a lot of movies. I think he did lethal weapon as well

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SPOILER ALERT

I still don't get the point of the two predators

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

I still don't get the point of the two predators

In the film it was revealed by the Stargazer scientists that the "regular" Predator was a fugitive escaping their home world hence the opening scene of the film with a space ship pursuit and the "regular" Predator being fired upon right before he entered into the worm hole. The scientists deduced that he was on his way to Earth to give humanity weapon technology that would put them on equal footing with the Predator race as they were planning on colonizing Earth and wiping out humanity as the Earth's climate changed to one that was more accommodating to their species.

They also concluded that the Predators continually evolve through genetic modification as they harvest other species' technologies via their safari's throughout the universe. The "big" Predator was essentially a genetically modified super soldier sent by their leadership to neutralize the rouge Predator who went off reservation before he could give the weapon to the humans.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 10-01-18 at 14:49.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18