Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old school pic rail quad rail lightweight recommendations??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Old school pic rail quad rail lightweight recommendations??

I like M-lok, however, I'm also totally fine with pic rails still.

That being the case, what are your personal recommendations for a current production lightweight free floating pic quad rail for a carbine gas system?

TED

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Centurion Arms C4 are good. They are an older design but they do everything most need them for. Generally a better option with factory assembled rifles that you want to maintain the FSB on.

If you are looking for something lighter-weight the QRF from Bravo Company is another choice and a bit less hassle to install on a newly built AR.

Feedback Score
    I second the BCM QRF. I have a 12" QRF and think it is the best design out there for a medium duty handguard. Very lightweight and simple installation and competitive price point.
    Last edited by CLee0509; 09-18-18 at 06:20.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    LaRue. If you're gonna run a quad no point in anything that clamps or squeezes the barrel nut. Especially not the stock nut.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    LaRue. If you're gonna run a quad no point in anything that clamps or squeezes the barrel nut. Especially not the stock nut.
    Ditto. Larue's quad rails also have a very nice lockup system.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    While I agree with both sentiments above and favor Larue quad rails over any other quad rail on the market, I don't think the Larue wins out in the lightweight category.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The larue and DD (now discontinued) rails were simply clones of the KAC rails which were the start of free floating rails. I should point out the other product in the rail start up world was ARMS, who you don't hear about as much anymore.

For modern rails, Centurion Arms pretty much owns it in my opinion if you do not want (or are not able) to pull your barrel nut off. BCM makes a great rail, and Cross machine Tool makes a nice one as well. Cross Machine Tool also makes a rail similar to the earlier KAC 3.1 rail with the bottom and side rails being slick except for the last 2" which are 1913 rails.

There are a lot of great rails on the market right now.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    As mentioned the Centurion Arms C4 rails use the factory barrel nut. Makes for a simple installation. They're not the lightest rails out there.

I have a C4, Carbine Length Cutout Rail on my M4. Let you stretch out your arm a little longer.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    I would go Centurion Arms or BCM QRF. This would also be a great option...
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/forend-amp-handguard-parts/handguards-amp-rails/ras-handguard-free-float-sku100027606-118539-218079.aspx?rrec=true
    Last edited by DoubleW; 09-18-18 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If you don't mound spending a lot of money, SMOS makes a very nice slim quad rail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast