Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay's new(ish) Surefeed E2 mags

Feedback Score

Okay's new(ish) Surefeed E2 mags

Just ordered a couple of these to try out, but given Okay's reputation I'm sure they'll be fine. Anyone used these yet?

Feedback Score
    I was going to order some also. $10 apiece at Botach. I know, Botach, but I've never had a problem with them. Not the fastest shipping, but free.
    DK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use a lot of Okay's standard 20s and 30s, they are currently the only GI aluminum style mags I use. Intellectually I know I should probably transition completely to Pmags, but I just kind of like the GIs as well. Consequently I still use both somewhat interchangeably.

On the E2, I find the huge "Surefeed" logo tacky, I am ambivalent about the texturing, but I am legitimately interested in the claims of reliabilty-enhancing improvements to the feed lips, because there's no such thing as being too reliable.

Feedback Score
    When I see the blue follower I want to think "Training Use Only"

Feedback Score
    As long as the low friction feed feature doesn't cause issues if you slam the mag in too hard, I'm on board. I'm sure Surefeed has tested them thoroughly, though. Surefeed/NHMTG mags are my current go-tos since M3 PMags don't drop free from my Colt/BCM/KAC lowers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You must have won the lottery on lowers. I've never had a lower that a Gen M3 wouldn't drop free from. Including Colt, BCM, Armalite, LMT, RRA, and Noveske.

These mags are basically g.i. EPM mags with tacky embossing on 'em. I was in line to test some pre-production ones but I declined because I didn't think there was anything to discover. Magpul did the R&D on the feed geometry, the government plagiarized it and didn't come up with as good of a mag. Okay tooled up for production, Center got a sole-source contract, we have ugly commercial mags to show for it.
    Last edited by 17K; 09-15-18 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mags may not drop free on HK MR556 w/o filing/grinding off a couple dimples.
    Last edited by tactical1; 09-15-18 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have plenty of OKAY magazines but none of the new ones. One their trademarks is coming out of the packaging looking like they were drug behind a truck. It's the result of being pushed through a die during final inspection. Probably required by the mil. Looks like the dimples would prevent that step from getting done. The blue follower looks like the older green one to me.

Feedback Score
    Botach (among others, presumably) still sells new Okay mags with the old-school green follower. Can't imagine that would be a big seller nowadays with all the improved followers out there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Botach (among others, presumably) still sells new Okay mags with the old-school green follower. Can't imagine that would be a big seller nowadays with all the improved followers out there.
    Hopefully someone will dump them for under $9 before the next election panic cycle. I was getting them for around $8 not that long ago.

I have more Okay/NHMTG mags with Magpul enhanced followers than anything, still got packs of Magpul enhanced followers I picked up on sale boxed up waiting for a home.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-15-18 at 12:50.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast