Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Entering the ar-10 market, any feedback on the dd5v1?

Feedback Score

Entering the ar-10 market, any feedback on the dd5v1?

I need a ar in 308 for heavy division in 2&3 gun matches, its either the dd5v1 or lmt mws because i want to buy quality and want to buy once. Im not well educated in the ar10 or 308, so any pointers, feedback, or education is much appreciated. I want something that will run with 168 grain ball 7.62, nothing special as that will be my main round for just practice and matches and want a rifle that runs like a sowing machine. Id rather have more reliability over moa accuracy. So someone steer me away or towards these two companies for ar-10, any help helps thanks guys

Feedback Score
    LMT would be the gold standard (unless you step up to a KAC SR25). No experience with the DD. Check out SOLGW for good 308 options as well. I have one on the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A buddy of mine has one. He added a lantac break to it and it was a nice soft shooting 308. He had a strike eagle on it then he went and got a 4-16 I think. He used it more to hit out at long range as opposed to a battle rifle. It was a nice rifle. I didn’t care for the furniture on it but that’s me. I have a colt Marc 901 I like.

Feedback Score
    I would go LMT over the DD. Lots of good feedback on the LMT on this site.

Feedback Score
    The DD .308 guns could evolve a little more. I expect them to be better in the future, they have a lot of potential with what they do.
    I would seriously look at what you plan on doing with this as an end goal, then choose the KAC, LMT, or HK offering that fits the end result best.
    A lot of guys are satisfied with the LMT 16" LW chrome lined offering. Just depends on what you want to do?

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    LMT MWS. I have never regretted the purchase.

If I had to do it again, I’d still pick the LMT.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you plan on running suppressed I would go DD since the LMT is a bit gassy, if not suppressed, either will serve you well. The MWS is a pig though, I don't know what kind of matches you are wanting to run, but keep that in mind if weight is a factor, the LW barrel helps some with that. Both will be reliable. You can't go wrong with either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My buddy had an LMT with a quad rail and was 16 inch barrel. That was super heavy. Good for a DMR roll but NOT something I would run and gun with. I'd rather use a springfield socom 16 over that LMT. I havent seen much on the DD gun, despite its pre launch hype as suppose to be the propper way to build an AR10. When I was considering an AR10 I decided that I was gonna spend my money on a Savage MSR10 hunter. Seemed to have all the features I wanted.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For a smidge under $2k you can get into the PWS Mk2 which is an outstanding platform if you have not checked them out. I run their 7.62x39 now for everything from deer to hogs to coyotes it's been a flawless machine for me. My buddy has their 308 and I used it for a time last year was a sweet rig. Especially if you plan on running a can PWS is as worry free as I've seen just slap it on and enjoy the enjoy gas block our rifles can and do eat anything you want to feed em.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 08-23-18 at 05:56.

Feedback Score
    This isnt what you asked for but FN MG barrel. Damn sweet deal.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448933.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast