Thread: M16 A2 Clone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

M16 A2 Clone

First off I want to address what many of you may be asking, and that is why?? I have serious nostalgia for this weapon, as it is what I was issued in basic training, and my current Reserve unit still has these in their arms room. I've always enjoyed shooting the M16, as I like the sight picture, soft recoil impulse, and overall balance of the weapon. Are there more modern designs, sure there are, but I find the M16 a much more enjoyable weapon to shoot than the M4. When I started this build, I was a little discouraged by the lack of readily available parts, but after searching the internet I found the following pieces for my build:

-Fulton Armory upper (came fully assembled)
    -Windham Weaponry 20" govt. profile barrel
    -Windham Weaponry A2 flash hider, and crush washer
    -Windham Weaponry gas tube
    -Knights M5 RAS (eBay find, got it for a steal)
    -Knights vertical foregrip (clearance sale at Brownell's)
    -Colt Delta ring assembly
    -Colt M16 bcg
    -Colt lower parts kit
    -DPMS A2 stock kit (came with rifle spring and buffer)
    -Redi-Mag
    -Dbal A3 (robbed from my M4 build)

I bought a Mega forged "Gator" lower receiver from a local gun store (Ready Gunner, Orem Utah). I wanted this specific lower because of its' excellent fit and finish, and as an added bonus Ready Gunner had them marked 20% off. I apologize for the countertop pictures, but my phone doesn't take very good pictures outside. I test fired 40 rounds of Federal 55gr. through it, and as expected it performed flawlessly. This is now my favorite rifle, I'm genuinely excited to have it. I look forward to many, many trips downrange with it.

Last edited by Hammer_Man; 09-15-18 at 21:52.