Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: M16 A2 Clone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I would highly recommend ditching that idea. What I suggest is to order this A2 Government Profile 20in Barrel Kit from Windham Weaponry and get the A2 upper receiver when you can.

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/kit-ba20gvt-7/
    What's wrong with it if you don't mind me asking? This would not be anything other than a range toy or a show and tell bbq gun to compliment my A1.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    What's wrong with it if you don't mind me asking? This would not be anything other than a range toy or a show and tell bbq gun to compliment my A1.
    The primary reason is the leftover upper receiver and handguards, not to mention the shiny nitride barrel. The barrel finish will not be correct. To me, if you are going to do an A2 clone, do it right from the start. It will much more impressive for show and tell and perform very well for a range gun. I think you would be happier with it as well.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I would highly recommend ditching that idea. What I suggest is to order this A2 Government Profile 20in Barrel Kit from Windham Weaponry and get the A2 upper receiver when you can.

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/kit-ba20gvt-7/
    I couldn't agree more. It's unfortunate how difficult it is to find actual A2 parts these days.

On a side note, I did come across a reasonably priced Bushmaster A2 rifle at my local fun store this week. It had a really nice wobble free fit between the upper and lower, but it had a 1/9 twist barrel, and the buttstock was loose. Despite the issues, if I had an extra $800 burning a hole in my pocket I probably would have bought it anyway.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Windham does make good stuff. And I don't think that I have anything directly from them...yet. Y'all are making this more expensive for me than it really has to be, not that I mind.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    Windham does make good stuff. And I don't think that I have anything directly from them...yet. Y'all are making this more expensive for me than it really has to be, not that I mind.
    In the end it will be worth it to have a more correct build. The defining feature of an A2 is the fixed carry handle with the rifleman sights. PSA and a few other manufacturers are marketing A4 rifles with detachable carry handles as "A2 style", this is obviously not correct.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't mind the parting out to get what I want.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    It's a money pit of a hobby, but it's cheaper than crack lol

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    It's a money pit of a hobby, but it's cheaper than crack lol
    Doubtful.

Very neat rifle, brother. Thanks for sharing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Doubtful.

Very neat rifle, brother. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words.

Feedback Score
    Nice looking rifle. I used a M16A2 in basic also, will always hold a special place in my heart!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast