Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Gen of Glock 19 are Marine Raiders using?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Marines SOCOM units were using G19’s obtained from SOCOM those were Glock 19 Gen3s and some Glock 19 Gen3 MOS models (not commercially availible). SOCOM subsequently began buying the G19 Gen4 MOS as the Mk27.

The USMC subsequently bought G19M’s off the FBI contract for plainclothes CID and HMX 1 (the presidential helicopter squadron). Then they bought some more 19Ms as an “interim” for an AFG deployment pending evaluation of the M17/18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been a few years but the guys I was in Iraq with had Gen 3s with night sights. Most had some sort of grip tape on the frame.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Followed up with a buddy down at HMX, they do have 19m’s, picked them up because they are more concealable than the standard m9.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I know the MEUSOC Marines have been authorized to use Glock 19, but online literature doesn’t say which Gen.

A couple sources say Glock 19m - is 19m like Gen 5?

Anyone know?
    Not sure which G19 gen. the Marine Raiders are using.

However, your terminology is off. You mention the Marine Raiders and then MEUSOC Marines as being the same unit.

Marine Raiders (MARSOC) are under SOCOM.

MEU SOC (Marine Expeditionary Unit, Special Operation Capable) is under the regular Marine Corps. The SOC part, generally refers to Recon and Force Recon's capabilities. Last I knew both Recon and Force Recon still used 1911's.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So noted and duly corrected - I got the units and their capabilities mixed up.

Sorry for that and thanks for getting me sorted out.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    No big deal.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The Gen 4 MOS G19’s seem to be the common issued model across SOCOM these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12